Shows on the Breeze

smokenmadelia

Just got off the Breeze 10/11. Did a B2B. Gone are the days of the showy dance venues with the numerous costume changes and the live orchestra. This time around all they had were 8 singers (4 men/4 women) who sang and danced snippets of songs with a given theme (Diva, The Brits, Motown, Latino). Shows were a definite disappointment.

I did so like the snappy, colorful dance productions. .

Just got off the Breeze 10/11. Did a B2B. Gone are the days of the showy dance venues with the numerous costume changes and the live orchestra. This time around all they had were 8 singers (4 men/4 women) who sang and danced snippets of songs with a given theme (Diva, The Brits, Motown, Latino). Shows were a definite disappointment.

I did so like the snappy, colorful dance productions. .

I was hoping they were better now. We were so disappointed in the shows when we were on the Breeze. Our 2nd Dream cruise was this past May and the shows were the best of any Carnival cruise and they still have the show band. We will be on the Breeze again in January and I guess we will just skip all the shows.

My cruise on the Dream was as the others described for the Breeze, thankfully the other entertainment such as the comedians was very good. I am cruising on the Breeze next month, not expecting anything great for the main entertainment. It's a shame, at one time the shows were very good.

Edited by Tampa8

It's been a couple of years since cruising on the Breeze can anyone tell me if the shows have gotten better. Love the ship disappointed in the shows. Last cruise on Liberty we didn't even bother going and we love good shows

Breeze has the bad shows & will be keeping the bad shows for awhile. If you end up back on the Liberty, you should go to those shows. That ship still has the good shows. Although as another poster mentioned here, the Dream's shows are the best of the best that Carnival has. It is by far my favorite ship, mainly because of the awesome production shows. Dream, Liberty, and about half the Carnival fleet still has the shows that are 1 hour or longer, tons of performers (especially for Dancing in the Streets on the Dream), live music, real props. Just do the research. Breeze's shows are called Playlist Production shows. The ships with those are what you will want to avoid.

Edited by k2excursion

I agree 100% with K2. Shows on most of the Carnival ships aren't much good, although, I've noticed they're getting better, simply because they're adding more singers/dancers to the cast. (Some of 'em used to have only TWO singers/dancers for the entire show!) :eek:

"Dream" is excellent, and "Liberty" is truly outstanding. Another of my personal favorites is "Paradise", Great shows on all of them, and the "Liberty" even still has a TEN PIECE LIVE BAND! How cool is that? ;)

"SKY"

"Dream" is excellent, and "Liberty" is truly outstanding. Another of my personal favorites is "Paradise", Great shows on all of them, and the "Liberty" even still has a TEN PIECE LIVE BAND! How cool is that? ;)

"SKY"

Precisely why we booked the Liberty and also why we expect it to be our final Carnival cruise. We used to love the entertainment, but now we do Las Vegas more often to see good shows that are long enough to make it worth going to the theater in the first place.

Sailed the Breeze in February. The shows are not good at all. The music is extremely loud, actually to the point of silly. Poor costumes and bright lights flashing in your eyes. On the other hand, the comedy and magic shows are great.

I am back on the Breeze in January. My plan is to give them another chance. If the shows haven't changed, I plan to walk out and look for another activity. There is always plenty to do while on a cruise.

It's really a shame since I have been on 17 Carnival cruises and I always enjoyed the shows until our last cruise which was the Breeze. Maybe, just maybe, Carnival will see the light.

Saw our first playlist productions on Sunshine this past summer. Hated them EXCEPT Epic Rock. That show rocked! It was like like a return to my high school years at an 80s rock concert. Wailing guitars, great vocals and the background screen was amazing. Hoping to see that show again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk