Ocean Princess Mattresses

GingerCandy

We were on the Ocean Princess in January and February of this year and found the mattresses very comfortable. At home we have a very comfy extra deep pillow top, so I'm never happy with a firm mattress. Amazing, if you consider how "rock solid" some have been on other Princess ships.

Darcy

paul929207,

Since you have so much time on the Ocean Princess, maybe you can help me with the mini-suites and any noise from the deck above. I'm currently booked on a balcony on deck 7 with cabins above and below, but the cruise will be 53 days and I'm thinking about upgrading to a mini-suite which are only on deck 8. I've been on the Pacific, but not on the Ocean.

Do you have any experience with minis on the Ocean deck 8?

Thanks,

Wes

re: Mini on deck 8

We were in 8020 on the Ocean Princess. When booking, I was concerned with reports of noise from the deck above and buffet so I looked very closely at the deck plans to avoid being directly under possible annoyances. I recall a little noise from crew moving deck chairs early one morning along with their washing the deck above us. I'm a very light sleeper, so our location wasn't an issue. I was probably so tired from very active days both at sea and land tours, nothing bothered my sleep.

Darcy

I thought the mattresses on OP were very comfy. We were on for 16 days in June.

Our cabin was under the Panorama Buffet (8055) and there was some noise from the carts above. The location by the elevators and easy accessibility to the buffet was convenient and worth the trade off.

We were on the Pacific Princess in 8008 and heard some noise from the chairs on the deck around 6:30am for deck cleaning. Neither cabin was the sound so bad that it had a negative impact on our cruise. We love the small ships and would be happy in any of the cabins.

If you are easily annoyed by noise, choose cabin 8002,4, or 6. They are under a restroom, internet cafe and card room. :)

If you are easily annoyed by noise, choose cabin 8002,4, or 6. They are under a restroom, internet cafe and card room. :)

I believe others have figured out what you suggested, because all those cabins are booked.

Thanks to all who have provided input. I think I might just stay were I am unless 8002, 4 or 6 become open.

Wes