classic beverage option ?'s

amscene1

Im only a beer drinker so.....

Can I just get this for myself or do I have to buy it for My GF who does not drink?

Does classic include all beers (even the 50 craft beers?) I mostly would have 1 craft beer and a dozen or so Heineken lights :)

The classic beverage package is pretty limited as to the types of beers. I don't think any of the craft beers are included. You could buy your one craft beer a day, or upgrade to the Premium Package (extra $11.50 per day) and have a greatly expanded choice.

Im only a beer drinker so.....

Can I just get this for myself or do I have to buy it for My GF who does not drink?

Does classic include all beers (even the 50 craft beers?) I mostly would have 1 craft beer and a dozen or so Heineken lights :)

Unlike some other cruise lines...

Yes, with Celebrity not both persons in a Cabin must be on the same Bevvy Pkg

The one exception is if you are getting it c/o a Booking Incentive (such as the 123Go or Pick Your Perk Promos)

Classic Pkg covers a fairly limited list of everything vs Premium

Premium as noted costs $ 10 US per day (actually night) plus 15% Grats = $ 11.50 US to upgrade

You can upgrade beforehand (by phone) or on the ship. Ask for the "123Go Classic to Premium Upgrade"

Some folks know what they want ahead of time based on the Celebrity Official Beverage Pkg Lists (Brandnames) others choose to wait it out to see what they wish to consume / preferences until they are aboard

When it comes to Beers.... Classic Pkg covers primarily domestics.

Mr Sloop chooses the Premium. On our last cruise (Summit 2013) the Premium Pkg allowed him to get most of the Craft Beers served in Michaels Club (the then Sportsbar / Beer Venue). And anything above the Premium max pour amount he was able to just pay the difference in upcharge with his SeaPass Account (vs on Classic, where you pay full price of the item)

Here is the link to CC Member's CELEBRITY CRUISES post on the Alcohol Pkgs and the Official Celebrity Beverage Pkg Lists

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

NOTE - These are the Full Pkg Lists by Brandnames. Availability tho on individual ships & cruises can vary depending on... Where in the world the ship is - Restocking - Consumption & Local Preferences.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Just off the Equinox with the 123Go Classic package. Celebrity point blank refuses to advise what is available so you are left with asking 'Please give me something like xxxx within the package.' The drinks menus left in the bars have very few "cheap" drinks listed. And to make things worse the magic appearance of two drinks charges totally $100 on our account did nothing to ease the situation. yes they were removed after complaint but REALLY. There are adequate drinks on the Classic package for just about everyone BUT it is some sort of secret, at least on the Equinox.

Just off the Equinox with the 123Go Classic package. Celebrity point blank refuses to advise what is available so you are left with asking 'Please give me something like xxxx within the package.' The drinks menus left in the bars have very few "cheap" drinks listed. And to make things worse the magic appearance of two drinks charges totally $100 on our account did nothing to ease the situation. yes they were removed after complaint but REALLY. There are adequate drinks on the Classic package for just about everyone BUT it is some sort of secret, at least on the Equinox.

I'll have to use magic marker on my arm to remember the price maximums :rolleyes:. I hate when something easy is made hard. It's almost like they should have just one drink package (whichever one) and call it a day. It's not like for $100+ a day there is much to lose.

When I was in Greece, the cruise line had drink menus with asterisks indicating included. Their selection was limited but we made it work and it was easy.

For the record...

I have never found the drink pkgs difficult to understand once I am aboard

(vs here on the CC Celebrity Board where posters seem to want a lot of detailed info before they cruise)

In general the Bartenders are excellent. They quickly learn what Pkg you have and make suggestions within the max limits based on how they read your Prefernces / tastes

And we have never found there was any sort of shortage of offerings on either pkg.

(and although we've been Premium, I have made a point on Celebrity Cruises to gather extensive info and report back here for others ... Ie my 2012 Celebrity Fleet Wide Wine List post... Plan to update this info early in 2015)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I'll have to use magic marker on my arm to remember the price maximums :rolleyes:. I hate when something easy is made hard.

Not sure how much more simple 2 choices could be made.

Classic covered anything up to, all beer up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving, and wine by the glass up to $9 per serving. Anything costing more the guest pays the entire cost.

Premium covered anything up to, our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Anything costing more the guest pays the difference.

Im only a beer drinker

So OP, your Heinny's would be okie dokie, but you would pay the entire cost of your craft selection.

Hmmm yes it should be simple but show me a bar list that shows ALL the drinks available rather than a select few. Certainly these lists were not available of the Equinox. Four requests were made and all were refused. Unless of course, like many other things on this cruise, you apparently had to slip someone something extra to get what should be standard. Like service when it is your turn not behind someone who flashes a bit of cash as an upfront tip.

Gotcha, so if I have one craft a night I should get classic, but if I

Want more, spring for the premium.

Yup... But my philosophy is if you are going to buy one that comes clse to making the difference, then you may as well move up to Premium when you consider all the other options it will afford you (not just alcoholic).

Hmmm yes it should be simple but show me a bar list that shows ALL the drinks available rather than a select few. Certainly these lists were not available of the Equinox.

Four requests were made and all were refused. Unless of course, like many other things on this cruise, you apparently had to slip someone something extra to get what should be standard. Like service when it is your turn not behind someone who flashes a bit of cash as an upfront tip.

Your post upsets me terribly... As it implies there is something not above board happening on The Equinox.

As for lists... As I have often sated here on CC there are no lists per se. Availability from the Master List depends on a variety of things... Where in the world the ship is - Restocking - Consumption - and Local Preferences

We have found tho on past cruises that Bars have Drink Menues, and very helpful Bartenders

So, I prefer not to believe your claims at the worse possible intent... Cause you definitely are in the very small (virtually invisible) minority reporting such an occurrence here on CC

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

For the record...

I have never found the drink pkgs difficult to understand once I am aboard

(vs here on the CC Celebrity Board where posters seem to want a lot of detailed info before they cruise)

In general the Bartenders are excellent. They quickly learn what Pkg you have and make suggestions within the max limits based on how they read your Prefernces / tastes

And we have never found there was any sort of shortage of offerings on either pkg.

(and although we've been Premium, I have made a point on Celebrity Cruises to gather extensive info and report back here for others ... Ie my 2012 Celebrity Fleet Wide Wine List post... Plan to update this info early in 2015)

Cheers!

That's encouraging as some must need everything written down and they made it seem with no assistance from staff.

I did see the beer list and there were a few brews that were not your typical domestic. The only thing I've concluded is the craft beer bar is out as well as the martini bar.

No true loss to us. You can always upgrade on board if needed so that's my plan. I'm not a wine snob but if there are wines I do not like, may upgrade but will resist doing so.

I'm guessing there are enough choices to make us happy. That and I'll need to keep the DW off the Pellegrino. :)

Per the previous post, I would curious what 4 requests were not honored?

Edited by blindrid

Gotcha, so if I have one craft a night I should get classic, but if I

Want more, spring for the premium.

I just turned 60 and was introduced to the wonderful world of Texas Craft Beers 2 years ago. What a journey this is!:eek: almost as wonderful as a sea day!:D

Last yr on the Reflection our Roll Call put together a group to do flights every night. That way we got to try 4-5-6 per evening, depending on how many made it that night, instead of 1or 2. With an ALC of 8-10% there is no way to enjoy the cruise trying more than 2 an evening, at least for this old guy!:D

I did upgrade to the Premium and was very happy with the decision.

I note my cruise review has not yet been posted perhaps certain things said were not acceptable to publish. Do we believe there is something "odd" on the Equinox? Well I guess we were lulled by two wonderful sailing under a great captain (no longer with RCI) on the Radiance and went for the "higher" rated Celebrity and the Equinox. Bad error of judgement on our part. You can always contact me privately to discuss.

Hmmm yes it should be simple but show me a bar list that shows ALL the drinks available rather than a select few. Certainly these lists were not available of the Equinox. Four requests were made and all were refused. Unless of course, like many other things on this cruise, you apparently had to slip someone something extra to get what should be standard. Like service when it is your turn not behind someone who flashes a bit of cash as an upfront tip.

There are 9 bar's on a Celebrity ship that all have a different concept, and make anywhere from 40-60 different combinations of drinks. Your printer would run out of paper twice printing them all out. Surely you don't truly drink that much booze? But never say never, right?

I note my cruise review has not yet been posted perhaps certain things said were not acceptable to publish. Do we believe there is something "odd" on the Equinox? Well I guess we were lulled by two wonderful sailing under a great captain (no longer with RCI) on the Radiance and went for the "higher" rated Celebrity and the Equinox. Bad error of judgement on our part. You can always contact me privately to discuss.

Booze has ruined many a good person, and now a cruise.

Hmm, well I guess we were just picky. I nguess it is too much ask for a customer to ask what exactly is available on a package rather than asking a barkeep for his suggestions. We were happy with the quality of what WAS available on the package but really would have liked to make our own mind up as to label etc from what we were "allowed". I guess we just come from the rare breed who likes to make up our own mind rather than being led.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise & the beverage package. We have always found the bartenders on the Equinox very helpful. Never had a problem when I asked if a particular drink was covered by my package. When it wasn't the bartender would often suggest something similar that would be included.

Hmm, well I guess we were just picky. I nguess it is too much ask for a customer to ask what exactly is available on a package rather than asking a barkeep for his suggestions. We were happy with the quality of what WAS available on the package but really would have liked to make our own mind up as to label etc from what we were "allowed". I guess we just come from the rare breed who likes to make up our own mind rather than being led.

Probably so, hope you have a better experience with the next line you sail on. At least now you know not to pick or buy a booze package, but to order what you want and pay as you go to have control of your decisions.

Edited by wallie5446

Rereading the replies let me make a number of clarifying points so it is abundantly clear.

1. Before taking the free Classic package I did ask Celebrity if a complete list of available drinks for the package would be available on the ship and was told absolutely YES. This did not happen.

2. We were perfectly happy with the contents of the package that we received.

3. We always knew that Celebrity would make a "profit" out of the package but the ease of the system noting point 1 above (if it was true) was extremely suitable.

4. A system by a number of passengers of rounding a bar, that is paying upfront tips to get preferential service over in turn customers, was observed on numerous occasions.

5. We are experienced enough to know what we like, when we like and what we like, we really don't have to waste busy bar keeps time in discussing what is best for us at a given time.

Rereading the replies let me make a number of clarifying points so it is abundantly clear.

1. Before taking the free Classic package I did ask Celebrity if a complete list of available drinks for the package would be available on the ship and was told absolutely YES. This did not happen.

2. We were perfectly happy with the contents of the package that we received.

3. We always knew that Celebrity would make a "profit" out of the package but the ease of the system noting point 1 above (if it was true) was extremely suitable.

4. A system by a number of passengers of rounding a bar, that is paying upfront tips to get preferential service over in turn customers, was observed on numerous occasions.

5. We are experienced enough to know what we like, when we like and what we like, we really don't have to waste busy bar keeps time in discussing what is best for us at a given time.

My only comment is that it is virtually impossible to list every dr k available regardless of package or not.

That only brings up the ongoing incompetence of their phone call centers and website. Of course, tips bring favors. From an experienced drinker that comes as no surprise and need not be mentioned.

And thank you for knowing what to order as some people need reminded constantly or wants to "try this" - that kills time and service to others.

"Of course, tips bring favors. From an experienced drinker that comes as no surprise and need not be mentioned."

Well to put it bluntly anything with class understands service in order or turn. If staff have to be induced to service correctly in such a "highly" rated ship then class and ratings become a joke. The staff are already tipped 15%, over this becomes privilege buying and is obviously the way on Celebrity. This DID not occur on the Radiance during our two cruises on that ship. Perhaps the captain and the senior officers ran a tighter operation and understood true service.

"Of course, tips bring favors. From an experienced drinker that comes as no surprise and need not be mentioned."

Well to put it bluntly anything with class understands service in order or turn. If staff have to be induced to service correctly in such a "highly" rated ship then class and ratings become a joke. The staff are already tipped 15%, over this becomes privilege buying and is obviously the way on Celebrity. This DID not occur on the Radiance during our two cruises on that ship. Perhaps the captain and the senior officers ran a tighter operation and understood true service.

Did you have a all inclusive package on the Radiance? Or did you pay as you ordered?

Wow...I've been on over 8 sailings with X, and over 15 with RCCL, and I've never seen or experienced such behavior on any of their ships...

well there was one cruise with a large proportion of South Americans from a certain country, and they pushed to the front of every queue.....and no money changed hands