Grand Cayman

Leafpeeper

We usually cruise to Grand Cayman, but this year we are flying. Does anybody know if there is bus service from the airport to Morritts Tortuga resort? We have taken the bus from the ship to 7 mile beach, so I am hoping we can save $ by taking the bus to our resort. Any info would be useful. Guess I can do a Google search.

when I stay on GC my hotel package always includes transfers to/from airport .... are you sure you didn't get that included? {different hotel tho}

you may get better info if you move this down to the carib' port call area with the specific section for Cayman . .

are you familiar with the CG bus system? http://grandcaymanislandbus.com/

Edited by Capt_BJ

We usually cruise to Grand Cayman, but this year we are flying. Does anybody know if there is bus service from the airport to Morritts Tortuga resort? We have taken the bus from the ship to 7 mile beach, so I am hoping we can save $ by taking the bus to our resort. Any info would be useful. Guess I can do a Google search.

Here ya go:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+there+bus+service+from+the+airport+to+Morritts+Tortuga+resort+on+Grand+Cayman.

Glad I could help! :rolleyes:

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks for the link. Just found out we have to pay a $10 per day timeshare tax plus electric charges! Never had any fees at any tomeshare before. Just another reason why cruising is a better bargain. Just saw Boston to Bermuda $279pp for a week. Can't beat that if you can book less than 30 days out.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mary,

We fell in love with Cayman on a cruise stop so much so that we returned for two years for a week! We stayed at Morritts Tortuga as well as their sister resort the Morritts Grand. They are essentially one property, but the Grand units are all ocean fronts. I would really recommend renting a car for the week instead of just arranging transportation from the airport. This resort is on the opposite side of the island away from most of the "action". We enjoyed being able to drive ourselves to Rum Point, Seven Mile beach and do some restaurants and shopping downtown. There is great signage and it's basically one road, so you really can't get too lost. We found that by having our own car, we had the best of both worlds.....quiet resort with no crowds and the option for more restaurants. Also, the beach in front of the resort is much rockier than seven mile beach. We loved our stays there and would go back in a heartbeat. Feel free to ask any questions! Have fun!