Who has ordered a second entree?

MaiTaiMary

I always order lobster and prime rib on elegant night and the waiters don't even bat an eye, I think that's fairly common.

On our last cruise my fiance ordered something and did not care for it, he wasn't planning to order anything else but the waiter noticed he hadn't eaten his entree and insisted on getting some else for him, the new entree appeared very quickly! I think the waiter just went to kitchen and back so they must have extras prepared maybe, it was very quick!!!

yes, if they don't like it, you can order something else. Once I received a bad lobster, my fork touched it and it appeared to evaporate in front of me. I showed it to my waiter and received a second one pretty quickly, that one was fine.

Another time i think I ate something bad while ashore. I could not eat what I ordered. The waiter noted I was not eating and asked if he could bring me something else.

Also, although the food is mass produced, you can special order, I have a mushroom allergy, and have not having a problem with asking for orders not to be cooked with mushrooms.

No one gets dessert until everyone is finished with the main course.

This has not been the case on any of my cruises.

OP: Depending on your kid's personalities and ages it may be possible to have them each order something different and then share the 2 dishes between them.

I have cruised with friends, one is a soup lover, he orders every soup to try it, and yes they can differ from ship to ship, chef to chef. On lobster night most waiters state up front, if you want two, order two, and be done iwith it. But kids trying something new and not liking it? Well that's just going to happen, or they can read the menu and order something that they like, and just try apps and desserts.

We were on the Fascination a few years ago, and ordered the chateau briand. Three of us all said the same thing at the same time, and none of us ate it, it was awful. Our waiter was very upset we weren't eating, the other two had a back up dinner in mind, but i just asked for the bacon mac and cheese. I was the happiest one of the three, and it only took 3 minutes. (we were close to the kitchen doors though)

yes, if you aren't happy the waiter aint happy, and he will bring a new dinner quickly. on the other hand, if your kids hate fish, ordering fish, will not change their minds.