BVE in Fort Lauderdale

metairiegal

We will be doing a BVE in Fort Lauderdale. Where to we go when we get to the port? Do we just line up with everyone who is cruising that day? Or, is there a separate line and where is it?

Thanks in advance.

The details should be listed on your BVE confirmation. There will be an area just for BVE and you will board right after wedding parties, before Elite. My daughter was told to arrive at port at 10:30 for her BVE this Saturday in NY. Boarding between 11 and 11:30. :)

When you get to the terminal, let the rep know you're doing the BVE. You'll be directed to an area for BVE passengers. Once check-in starts, you'll be directed to a line for BVE passengers. It might also be for other passengers but all along the way, say you're with the BVE.

Once checked in, you'll be given a sticker to put on your clothing so it's visible right away. You'll be handed an envelope with your blue cruise card (regardless of Captain's Circle level) and a welcome letter with where lunch will be held and what time as well as other information. As you walk to the boarding area, reps will know immediately that you're on the BVE and direct you to a separate waiting area. When boarding is about to begin, the Captain's Circle Host will come and lead you through another security check and to the gangway where your photo will be taken and then on to the ship.

I just did the BVE in San Pedro yesterday and that's the process there. I assume it's similar in FLL. :)

Thanks for all the great info! Can't wait - we are set for a BVE on the Regal in November and we sail on her in December.

When you get to the terminal, let the rep know you're doing the BVE. You'll be directed to an area for BVE passengers. Once check-in starts, you'll be directed to a line for BVE passengers. It might also be for other passengers but all along the way, say you're with the BVE.

Once checked in, you'll be given a sticker to put on your clothing so it's visible right away. You'll be handed an envelope with your blue cruise card (regardless of Captain's Circle level) and a welcome letter with where lunch will be held and what time as well as other information. As you walk to the boarding area, reps will know immediately that you're on the BVE and direct you to a separate waiting area. When boarding is about to begin, the Captain's Circle Host will come and lead you through another security check and to the gangway where your photo will be taken and then on to the ship.

I just did the BVE in San Pedro yesterday and that's the process there. I assume it's similar in FLL. :)

Thanks! Did you have a good time yesterday on your BVE?

We are cruising on the Royal a Princess in December and a friend will be doing the BVE as our guest. Will we all 3 be directed to the same waiting area? I assume we will board together? We are platinum but read somewhere that we will board together?

Wow Pam, you really give detail. Now we know what to expect also. Thanks!

We've done BVE in SFO and Pam in CA describes just how it worked for us, too.

Be sure your cruise booki g is linked with your BVE compatriots and you will all board together and among the first boarding groups so they'll have max time on the ship.

We were on the Grand which is similar to the CB which we were on the prior year so we went to our suite to show our son and daughter-in-law, then had a wonderful and relaxing lunch together in the MDR, and then toured the ship on our own. We ended up with some relaxing time on our balcony before they had to disembark.

They was absolutely no issue with not doing the std tour and going on our own instead - it was totally up to whatever each BVE wanted to do.

It was a great experience and the 4 of us couldn't have eaten in SFO for the $78 we paid for their two BVEs.

We would DEFINITELY do BVE again.

Oh gosh thank yall so much for the info! We live in Texas but next Jan we have two days in FLL between two Carnival cruises. We are Platinum with Princess ( and yes I am spoiled) 😄. The Regal will be in port Feb 1st and we want to do the BVE on her. Bad news is when I called Princess this am, they don't have that date available yet, they are only selling the day passes thru the end of Dec. so we will need to wait a month or so I guess to be able to book it. But that was a deal breaker for me, if we had to wait to board with 3000 other pax I really didn't want to do that! Hey it's not my fault Princess has spoiled me! Carnival has also, we are Diamond level with them! Thanks again friends!

Alice

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! Did you have a good time yesterday on your BVE?
This was my fourth BVE. I'd sailed with one couple on this cruise in 2005 on the Royal I (21 days) and another couple on the Sapphire in 2008 (31 days) and hadn't seen them since. It was so nice to catch up even if for only a few minutes. Met several other people as I hung out in the Atrium. Oh, and I brought a ZipLoc and snuck some chicken salad home for dinner last night. Yeah, I know I shouldn't but it was sooo good!

One thing to keep in mind is to be patient. I've boarded at 11:15am but there was a delay clearing the Crown on Saturday so boarding didn't start until close to 12:30pm. Immigration was slow and according to the Captain's Circle host, one person in-transit, doing a B2B, couldn't be found and then he didn't want to disembark. ::: sigh ::: It took them almost an hour to find him and get him off the ship so it could be cleared. The Princess people were grumpy since they had a very full terminal waiting to board and people were getting restless. There was a large wedding party that boarded first but after the wedding was supposed to start. They were very disappointed since the guests wouldn't have much time to explore after lunch before they had to leave.

This was my fourth BVE. I'd sailed with one couple on this cruise in 2005 on the Royal I (21 days) and another couple on the Sapphire in 2008 (31 days) and hadn't seen them since. It was so nice to catch up even if for only a few minutes. Met several other people as I hung out in the Atrium. Oh, and I brought a ZipLoc and snuck some chicken salad home for dinner last night. Yeah, I know I shouldn't but it was sooo good!

One thing to keep in mind is to be patient. I've boarded at 11:15am but there was a delay clearing the Crown on Saturday so boarding didn't start until close to 12:30pm. Immigration was slow and according to the Captain's Circle host, one person in-transit, doing a B2B, couldn't be found and then he didn't want to disembark. ::: sigh ::: It took them almost an hour to find him and get him off the ship so it could be cleared. The Princess people were grumpy since they had a very full terminal waiting to board and people were getting restless. There was a large wedding party that boarded first but after the wedding was supposed to start. They were very disappointed since the guests wouldn't have much time to explore after lunch before they had to leave.

Fingers crossed we won't have a delay, but you never know.

Thanks again. Can't wait for our BVE. You are always so helpful! :)

The details should be listed on your BVE confirmation. There will be an area just for BVE and you will board right after wedding parties, before Elite. My daughter was told to arrive at port at 10:30 for her BVE this Saturday in NY. Boarding between 11 and 11:30. :)

Hi - DH & I are sailing on the Regal next month out of FLL. Friends are meeting us for the BVE - they are registered and pre-paid and our reservations were linked at the time I made the reservation for them.

Where/How do I get the BVE confirmation? I just printed our Boarding Passes and there is no mention of a BVE.

Thanks - Kay

They should have a booking # just like you do and they would print out their boarding passes from their cruise personalizer just as you did.

Thanks KruzeKrazy! - but I'm not concerned about our guests, I'm concerned about us, the passengers. The Boarding Passes for my husband and for me do not indicate we are participating in the BVE. How will we convince the Princess rep that we should get to board early with our guests when we have nothing to indicate we are part of the BVE group.

Your should call the Princess BVE dept to link the reservations. Then they would know at check-in. You could also ask Princess to double-check.

The reservations are supposed to be linked. Sounds like the link was removed. Better to find out now than on November 9th!

I'll call Princess tomorrow to get it straightened out. Thank you so much for your help.

You're doing the right thing. Just a little extra effort up front can help mean a more flawless and thus enjoyable experience.

I checked a lot and asked a lot of questions to help make sure our precious 4 hours were maximized (which they were - it was a great time with our DS and DDIL!).

• 4 weeks later...

I have purchased a BVE for my son and DIL. I have a print out of the receipt paying for them, but nothing in my cruise personalizer says anything about a BVE. I called Princess and woman on phone says I need to have my TA call them. Argh...

I also asked since I was on the phone where does my prepaid gratuities show up? Again, have your TA call.

Sometimes I hate calling Princess!

Have a great time and let us know how it went! :)

It was fun! Things are a little confusing when you arrive, so it was good we asked everyone we saw at the port about where we should go. Even when 1 person said we were in the right place, somebody else would see our BVE sticker and direct us to another place. The lady in charge was holding everyone as she was waiting for others to arrive. Finally she said we could get our pictures taken and go off on our own if wanted to. Or, we could continue to wait for everyone and get the organized tour. Everyone who was waiting, decided to board and skip her tour.

It was great being able to wander on our own. At noon dh and I went to the sit-down lunch. We asked for a table for 2 and it was no problem getting a table by ourselves. We each had a free glass of wine. Lunch was very slowwwwwwww. So slow in between appetizer and main course that I was ready to leave. We waited at least 20 minutes for the entrée to arrive and then skipped dessert before we wasted too much more time. We then went to check out the buffet (which was a huge area, and kinda confusing to find all the offerings) and I had a great creme brulee! We picked up our pictures and they gave us a photo each for free (they actually came out really good!). We were able to spend some more time checking out the ship and before we knew it, it was 3:00 and time to leave (not before getting a cookie from the café!).

Thanks to all who answered all my questions. You all were a big help so that we knew what to expect.

Edited by metairiegal