Dora's Dance Party - how long does it last?

The Mister

So, we just got the first set of dailies for the Jewel's Houston season (thanks again, ahaught!), and it shows that Dora's Dance Party is at 10:45am on Sunday (sea day #1) in the Fyzz Lounge.

My DD4 is really looking forward to that; however, our roll call meet & greet is at 11:00am in Le Bistro (just a flight of stairs away from Fyzz, according to the deck plans). Now, if the dance party lasts around half an hour (about as long as most young kids' attention spans), I don't mind either my wife or myself (along with DD) being "fashionably late" to the M&G. Any longer and my wife and I may have to divide our duties entirely and one of us miss the M&G.

Not a big deal, but we're both compulsive planners. Also, we are aware that NCL prefers that those who sign up for the M&G actually show up.

So, what's the scoop on the dance party? :)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by The Mister

So, we just got the first set of dailies for the Jewel's Houston season (thanks again, ahaught!), and it shows that Dora's Dance Party is at 10:45am on Sunday (sea day #1) in the Fyzz Lounge.

My DD4 is really looking forward to that; however, our roll call meet & greet is at 11:00am in Le Bistro (just a flight of stairs away from Fyzz, according to the deck plans). Now, if the dance party lasts around half an hour (about as long as most young kids' attention spans), I don't mind either my wife or myself (along with DD) being "fashionably late" to the M&G. Any longer and my wife and I may have to divide our duties entirely and one of us miss the M&G.

Not a big deal, but we're both compulsive planners. Also, we are aware that NCL prefers that those who sign up for the M&G actually show up.

So, what's the scoop on the dance party? :)

Thanks in advance.

NCL does not simply reuse the same Freestyle Dailys over and over. They change day to day and sailing to sailing. There is nothing worse for the crew than having to repeat the same activities in the same order on the same days week after week after week. Routine can cause complacency.

The Dance Party was held on Sunday at 10:45am on one cruise...this does not mean it will be held at that same time, place, or day on your cruise.

Old Freestyle Dailys are great when you want to see what types of activities might be offered, but they aren't reliable as a predictor of what a future cruise schedule will be.

Best to check this onboard before you overplan for something that simply may not even happen.

Plan on it lasting 30-45 minutes, depending on how many people show up. If there are lots of kids, it will take longer for the ships photographer to get pics of everyone. If the M&G is as 11am, please try and arrive by 11:15 the latest. One parent stays with the child at the dance party, the other checks in at the M&G. As someone who has organized more than one M&G, it is appreciated if at least one person from each group that signed up to show up. Some of us make personalized gifts at considerable time and expense. For them to go to waste is just sad.

That being said, on our sailing the Dora's Dance Party was at 12:30. So as SeaShark said, events can change from sailing to sailing.