OASIS- New Grand Balcony's/Secret Aft Balcony

akolasz

These are the only pics I have seen curtesy of a few other threads. Like I said will be in 11330 on 11/29 so I will try to post some pics.[ATTACH]330991[/ATTACH][ATTACH]330992[/ATTACH][ATTACH]330993[/ATTACH]

Thx and looking fwd to ur pix!! I have 11730 next Sept

We were on the Oasis TA and got the Hotel Asst. Manager to get us into Cabin 11730 which we have booked in Dec. 2015. It was difficult to tell anything since it was just drywall and wires, but it looks like an interesting layout and the deck will be a "wraparound" perhaps about 10-12 feet deep. Reminds me a little of 1600 on the Radiance class with lots of space on the inside, but the balcony will be very unique. There is a private entry way at the end of the hall to the cabin, with lots of glass and light inside. I was promised pictures as soon as the cabin is turned over to Housekeeping so I will post pictures if I do get them.

We were on the Oasis TA and got the Hotel Asst. Manager to get us into Cabin 11730 which we have booked in Dec. 2015. It was difficult to tell anything since it was just drywall and wires, but it looks like an interesting layout and the deck will be a "wraparound" perhaps about 10-12 feet deep. Reminds me a little of 1600 on the Radiance class with lots of space on the inside, but the balcony will be very unique. There is a private entry way at the end of the hall to the cabin, with lots of glass and light inside. I was promised pictures as soon as the cabin is turned over to Housekeeping so I will post pictures if I do get them.

We'll be in 11330....from what you could see is the cabin divided into two rooms? Hope you get pictures soon. :)

We have been calling Royal Caribbean weekly to try to upgrade one of our cabins to these new suites - they still aren't "ready to book"

Hope they get them done by our sailing so we can at least try to get one!!

I think the first week they are available is the week of our cruise 11/29/14.

Someone on our roll call has it booked.

Bill

Curious to see pics also, we are in 11730 in April 2015, and based on the RC specs..the bathroom now has only one sink?:confused:...The original GS have 2 sinks..can't imagine they would make the bathrooms smaller in these new bigger GS...any info would be welcomed...

Karen

Karen, I read that as well (about the one sink). Still, if that is the only downside, I'm fine with that. The balconies of 11330 and 11730 are about four-and-a-half times the size of the standard GS balconies, which was a huge selling point for me.

Enjoy your April cruise!

Promisekeeper,

Thanks so much for posting those photos. The view looks like it will be amazing, just like in the ATS. It gives all of us who are waiting an idea of whats to come.

The inside looks like it will be an irregular shape, which was what I was expecting. I'm more excited now after seeing your photo's. Thanks again for sharing.

Looking forward to see how these rooms look..Since the room is going to be much bigger, I can't believe they would reduce the size of the bathroom. In any event, got a great deal on the room and since booking a few weeks ago, had a $1,200 price reduction...looking forward to seeing pictures..

Karen

Edited by krhnbt

Looking forward to see how these rooms look..Since the room is going to be much bigger, I can't believe they would reduce the size of the bathroom. In any event, got a great deal on the room and since booking a few weeks ago, had a $1,200 price reduction...looking forward to seeing pictures..

Karen

I think the room/cabin will be only slightly bigger, while the balcony is the area that is super-sized. As far as the bathroom sink set-up, maybe they had to alter it somewhat because of the different shape of those suites (at least according to the new deck plans).

That's great about your price reduction. I booked mine a couple of weeks ago too, and the price has dropped twice since then. It pays to keep checking!

Edited by TheInnocentAge

Traditional Grand Suites feature a bedroom with two twin beds that convert to Royal King, living area with double sofa bed and lounge seating and a private bathroom with tub and two sinks (371 square feet, balcony 114 square feet).

Deck 11 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (11330 and 11730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony (466 square feet, balcony 470 square feet).

Deck 12 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (12330 and 12730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony (433 square feet, balcony 362 square feet).

Deck 14 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (14330 and 14730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony (421 square feet, balcony 136 square feet).

11330 is 95% complete. I got to visit the cabin. It is wonderful. Bedroom has a door so it is really private as well as a door to balcony. balcony faces both the aqua pool and on the other side is facing the ocean. Great views. the ones on deck 12 and 14 are smaller but 14 has great views. I also visited the new suite on deck 17. really awesome. I promised not to post the pictures to cruise critic. my email is cmcgarrahan@sc(dot)rr(dot)com

11330 is 95% complete. I got to visit the cabin. It is wonderful. Bedroom has a door so it is really private as well as a door to balcony. balcony faces both the aqua pool and on the other side is facing the ocean. Great views. the ones on deck 12 and 14 are smaller but 14 has great views. I also visited the new suite on deck 17. really awesome. I promised not to post the pictures to cruise critic. my email is cmcgarrahan@sc(dot)rr(dot)com

Sounds great Cindy. Just wondered if you noticed if the bathroom is smaller or why the single sink. No big deal, maybe it was necessary because of the irregular shape of the cabin. Although this cabin is about 25% larger than most GS suites. Have a great cruise. (P.S. I just e-mailed you) Thanks Gerry

Thank you so much for the information! I also emailed you.

Thank you as well! I just emailed you.

Edited by CaribSailor

Thanks Cindy, I am emailing you as well!

BT

I emailed you too! We have 12730 next and are very anxious to see any photos! :)