Luggage Direct or Land & Sea Excursion?

Psee

We're returning from our Westerdam cruise on 11-15-14 at Port Everglades (with 4 other ships) and have a 3:25PM flight out of FLL. We've had this situation before and have tried:

A. Cabbing to the airport with luggage and cabbing to Los Olas and back to the airport to kill some time.

B. Using Luggage Direct ($40) and cabbing to Los Olas then on to the airport.

We're thinking this time we could use the HAL FLL Land & Sea Excursion which takes our luggage (and us) for a bus/paddle boat tour without the cost of the cab rides and Luggage Direct charges. The apparent cost is less but didn't know if this tour OK.

A second option would be to use the Water Taxi but again it would require Luggage direct and cabbing to Hilton Marina and back to the airport.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated!! :)

I did the land and sea excursion and I liked it. I think I read a review from someone saying it was just going down the waterway looking a rich people's houses. Well yeah. That's how it's described:rolleyes:. The fll airport is a zoo. The less you have to deal with it the better.

We did this excursion 10 years ago and are planning on booking it again for our January cruise. I purposely booked a later flight home just so we could go on it again. We really enjoyed it and even though a lot of it is of rich people's houses it was fun and the scenery beautiful.

We did the land and sea excursion a few years ago. It was fine, except for the guide constantly reminding us that this tour was not like HAL, "tips are not optional." It was very annoying.

We did this tour last year and we were turned off by the song and dance routine by the guide about the tips she needed to live in Florida with the high prices for everything. She was awful.