Sandals for Walking - Especially Onboard?

ramco

I had major problems with my sandals on my last cruise, which was really a b2b Southern Caribbean, with an overnight in San Juan between. 15 days in hot and humid weather caused my feet to swell more than usual, and the tops of my feet were rubbed and sore from all my sandals. My evening silver sandals didn't but I couldn't wear them in port or for lots of walking.

My son and DIL suggested what they wear: Chaco's. I just got them and they are perfect! The soft cloth straps are really one continuous strap that adjusts tighter or looser to custom fit your foot. They also leave most of my foot exposed so they don't get so hot and prespire as much. The soles are super supportive, so I can wear them in port. When my feet swell I can make them looser, too.

I added a set of Pedag 196 Washable Summer Pure Cotton Terry Barefoot Insoles. These fit under my foot and are not visible, but they make the insole more cushy, and my feet only rub against soft terrycloth. I can take them out and wash them, too, as they have no adhesive.

I am sooooo happy with these!

By the way, Amazon has Chaco's for $25 - $30 less than stores. They run in full sizes, and my 8.5 feet fit perfectly in the size 9 soles.

Edited by pcur

I have about six pairs of Sperry Topsider flip flop type sandals. I have decided that they are the only sandals I will ever buy. For some reason the sandals from the "boat shoe" maker are never slippery even on wet surfaces. I will probably bring about three pairs--one for pool, and two fancier ones for dinners and shows.

Also love Sperry Topsiders -- especially their flip flops! :D

LuLu