CC connecting cabin on Constellation

firefightermom007

It's on the wall between the cabins. No furniture is removed to have the door.

Not sure why you're asking, but if you're thinking of booking one of these cabins, I would recommend against it unless you know the people in the connecting cabin. You can hear the people in the other cabin talking. And you can hear the TV.

I was looking for the specific location on the wall. In the stateroom pictures it shows the desk next to the slider, then a bookshelf, then a mirror and then the area for the tv. Was trying to find out if they take out the bookshelf to put the door in, or if they put the door somewhere else. Thanks

Can anyone tell me where the interior connecting door is located? Do they take out the bookshelf's and put it there. Or is it between the bookshelf and the t.v.?

If anyone has a pic they can post that would be great. TIA

In a CC on deck 6 that had a connecting door, it was in the wall where the sofa would be, taking part of the sofa space. So there was a smaller love seat and chair there instead of a full-sized sofa.

Edited by fleckle

I believe it normally takes up some of the space normally taken up by the mirrored wall across from the bed and next to the TV.

100% agree with Larry. Same configuration on deck 7 and deck 9 from my experience on the Millennium - all in CC's. Personally, I would not book one because of the noise issue. On deck 6, the only connecting cabins other than 2C's and 2B's would be 6135/6137 (C1/RS) and 6136/6138 (C1/RS). No experience with those.

Edited by gimletgal

I believe it normally takes up some of the space normally taken up by the mirrored wall across from the bed and next to the TV.

100% agree with Larry. Same configuration on deck 7 and deck 9 from my experience on the Millennium - all in CC's. Personally, I would not book one because of the noise issue. On deck 6, the only connecting cabins other than 2C's and 2B's would be 6135/6137 (C1/RS) and 6136/6138 (C1/RS). No experience with those.

Ahhh, the wonder of Google...

Turned up the following past topic here on CC complete with PHOTOS !!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1274326

Check out Reply # 3 by KITKAT9438 which shows a Concierge Cabin on an M-Class Ship (does not say what Cabin # or Deck) complete with a photo of the interconnecting door.

As LSIMON said, it is next to the Tv spot.

Same topic...

Check out Reply # 24 by A SIXTH? which shows another cabin without an interconnecting door.

Also...

GIMLETGAL makes some great points about Concierge Cabins (C1s) on Deck 6 on the M-Class Ships (of which there are four... 6135, 6136, 6143, 6144)

Positives are:

They have larger than normal Balconies... And they are in Suitesville.

Negatives tho have been written about both 6135 & 6136:

Noisy & Prvacy Issues - cause they are interconnecting to the Suite next door. And not exactly private, unless you are travelling with folks in the Suite... In which case they are truly awesome, expanding the Royal Suite even more!! But also they are sort of sandwiched in between Royal Suites so their balcony space is not very ideal / private either (or so some claim)

On the otherhand...

Many CC Members report that Concierge Cabins 6143 & 6144, also on Deck 6, and which are not interconnecting... Are among the best Concierge that Celebrity has to offer fleet wide.

Lol, just ask HAPPY CRUISER 6143 what motivated her CC User Name ;)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps.. I on the other hand, am a die hard Aft-er when it comes to Concierge & C1s on the M-Class Ships. I've looked at booking the C1s on Deck 6... But in the end just cannot do it. The Aft Sunsets over the wake just keep pulling me "back there" :D

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

..........If anyone has a pic they can post that would be great. TIA

Here is one from CC 6135 on the Infinity, a sister ship to Constellation.

U4ad68793ad47f.jpg

This one had 2 chairs by the connecting door.

The connecting doors are located in different positions in different connecting cabins.

Edited by fleckle

Here is one from CC 6135 on the Infinity, a sister ship to Constellation.

This one had 2 chairs by the connecting door.

The connecting doors are located in different positions in different connecting cabins.

6135 is one of the two CC cabins with connecting doors that connect to a Royal Suite on the M class ships. These two cabins have a different layout than the other CC connecting cabins on the ship since they are the only ones that do not connect to another CC cabin.

Edited by Lsimon

Thanks everyone for the great information. Boy, the spreadsheet in the past cruise critic link was incredible. Will need to google to see if there is one for M class ships :) We are traveling with friends, and thought interconnecting would be fun, for pre dinner drinks etc. But, are re thinking bigger balconies :)

Can anyone tell me where the interior connecting door is located? Do they take out the bookshelf's and put it there. Or is it between the bookshelf and the t.v.?

If anyone has a pic they can post that would be great. TIA

I was on Connie in Feb 2014. Cabin 8111 - Concierge balcony room. You entered the room and and the closet was on the left (bath on the right) after the closet was the TV with the refrigerator below it. Then the connecting door. Then the mirrored wall. Then lastly as we walked toward the balcony, was the desk.

The wall to the left as you walked in had the bath, then the beds, then the sofa.

The door did allow you to hear voices and TV in the other room. It was not too objectionable as our neighbors did not stay up much later than we did. But if you have loud neighbors, late neighbors or children next door, it can be annoying.

Thanks everyone for the great information. Boy, the spreadsheet in the past cruise critic link was incredible. Will need to google to see if there is one for M class ships :) We are traveling with friends, and thought interconnecting would be fun, for pre dinner drinks etc. But, are re thinking bigger balconies :)

There are cabins with bigger balconies on the M class, but they are not generally next door to the same type of cabin. Any C1 cabin on M class will have a larger balcony. The ones on the aft have huge balconies.

Next time you book with friends, get two 1A adjacent cabins on an S class ship. One of them will have a 3Xsize balcony and one will have a 2Xsize balcony. The partitions between the balconies can be folded back by the cabin steward. Cocktail hour can be held on the larger balcony--slide over two chairs from the smaller balcony. Did this in January this year and it worked like a charm.

There are Cabin Spreadsheet STICKYs for both M & S Class Ships at the top of this Forum.

I don't book without checking in there first. Some the input that Feds into the Spreadshets even has photos

There are cabins with bigger balconies on the M class, but they are not generally next door to the same type of cabin. Any C1 cabin on M class will have a larger balcony. The ones on the aft have huge balconies.

Next time you book with friends, get two 1A adjacent cabins on an S class ship. One of them will have a 3Xsize balcony and one will have a 2Xsize balcony. The partitions between the balconies can be folded back by the cabin steward. Cocktail hour can be held on the larger balcony--slide over two chairs from the smaller balcony. Did this in January this year and it worked like a charm.

Agree 100%

And if it Concierge you like...

On the M Class ships look to the C1s that are aft over the wake... Decks 7, 8, or 9. They don't interconnect tho (inside or out)

On the S Class ships look to the C2s that are midship on the angle to / from "the hump". They have the exact same properties that HAPPY CRUISER 6143 spoke of above (oversized balconies) and on S Class Ships no inside connecting doors... The balcony partitions fold outside, and the cabin front doors can be isolated into a common alcove with an outer keyed door (very cool feature for people travelling together... Privacy or Joint Access as you wish)

Cheers!