How do you get OBC

Daydaes

I take an alternate view. Every time someone posts, "If you just do a search..." It makes the people who do take the time to answer look even more helpful and friendly.

When that happens, it boosts my likability scores. This translates into higher customer satisfaction. In return, I get huge raises. (Not to brag, but I make twice as much to post on CruiseCritic as I used to**.)

So I say, rock on unhelpful posters!

**Twice nothing.

Good point:D. I sit corrected:p;).

We get OBC's on every cruise that we book. Our TA rebates some of the agency commission back to us in the form of an OBC. It usually works out to 8-10 percent of the commissionable fare. Sometimes a bit better if there is an agency group on the cruise that we can tag onto.

We sometimes get OBC's from the cruise line in addition to those that we get by booking with a TA.

Booking last minute usually means one pays less but gets less or no OBC. Booking early means the cruise costs more but you get OBC.

Booking through a TA apparently gets one some OBC (from volume sales? I don't really know).

On my next cruise I am getting zero OBC, but the price seems lower than expected so I'm fine with that. My cruise after that next year has a price that seems good but I also have a lot (to me) of OBC so I am happy.

Ways to get extra OBC: buy 100 shares of Carnival Corp. Book a cruise within 60 days of a sailing for Welcome Back bonus. Book a cruise while on a cruise, at the future cruise desk. Be a Mariner with stars from previous cruises (maybe). Look for promos that offer OBC. Use a TA (travel agent) that does enough volume sales to offer OBC.

Good luck!