Does RCCL still hold back a few excursions for booking onboard?

Cheryl H

It seems like I recall that a few spots for excursions were held back for booking onboard. Does anyone know if that is still the case? I'm looking at doing a city tour of Vancouver that ends at the airport. However, I want to wait until we are onboard so I can use shipboard credit for it. I suppose if they are sold out by the time we board, we'll just make do.

I was just wondering the odds of waiting to book it onboard as opposed to booking it online. Thanks in advance.

It seems like I recall that a few spots for excursions were held back for booking onboard. Does anyone know if that is still the case? I'm looking at doing a city tour of Vancouver that ends at the airport. However, I want to wait until we are onboard so I can use shipboard credit for it. I suppose if they are sold out by the time we board, we'll just make do.

I was just wondering the odds of waiting to book it onboard as opposed to booking it online. Thanks in advance.

Never booked an excursion before or on a cruise. Why? Way more expensive, herded as a group, same thing can be done with private companies.

Where are you going and what did you want to do? Many peopl here will give you great ideas.

We've done ship sponsored before, but mostly private excursions most of the time. But for our Alaska trip, our flight home doesn't leave until 5:30 pm.....and as a way of killing some time and getting a free (so to speak) drop off the airport, I was looking at the city tour. It's fairly inexpensive and carts our luggage along with us under the motorcoach.

It's not a huge deal if it's all full and we have to just jump in a cab to the airport. But it seems to me that a long time ago, ship sponsored tours were sold online, plus a few were held back to sell at the excursions desk once onboard.

Never booked an excursion before or on a cruise. Why? Way more expensive, herded as a group, same thing can be done with private companies.

An unhelpful and unsolicited opinion that doesn't attempt to answer the OP's question.........:rolleyes:

For the OP, yes they will be selling excursions onboard:)

Edited by bouhunter

They hold back spots for everything; excursions, specialty dining, show times, etc. They recognize that not everyone books things online before a cruise and / or may want to make an impulse purchase onboard. You should not have any issues with booking an excursion once on the ship.

An unhelpful and unsolicited opinion that doesn't attempt to answer the OP's question.........:rolleyes:

For the OP, yes they will be selling excursions onboard:)

Just another cruise critic scavenger trying to reach the 5000 worthless post staus.

As of Sept 2013 I know for a fact they did! Due to my procrastination I missed a tour my family REALLY wanted to do, so I picked their 2nd choice and called Royal they said they kept some available for on board booking as not everyone uses the internet. They did recommend I try as soon as the excursion desk opened to see if I could switch, as luck would have it we were fortunate and got our first choice Hubby was happy!

As of Sept 2013 I know for a fact they did! Due to my procrastination I missed a tour my family REALLY wanted to do, so I picked their 2nd choice and called Royal they said they kept some available for on board booking as not everyone uses the internet. They did recommend I try as soon as the excursion desk opened to see if I could switch, as luck would have it we were fortunate and got our first choice Hubby was happy!

Thank you! I'll head to the excursion desk as soon as we board.