Day trip to Anguilla from St Maarten

techsearch

I just got an email stating that Blue Safari is no longer in business and that I would be getting my deposit refunded with 10 days. Trying to come up with a plan B without having to take the public ferry over to the island. The other vendors I have seen won't work for cruisers since they are full eight hour trips. If I find out anything, I'll post back.

So sad to read that they are done. We were just there and were going to do the 3-splash tour but the weather (seas/swells) were not cooperating. Blue Safaris had somewhere waiting for us and said that we would be able to go to Pinel Island due to the conditions - too dangerous. They were will to take us to the other spots but couldn't guarantee how far until we were actually out on the water. The other party of six that was going to join us backed out and they needed at least 5/6 in order for it to be $$$ feasible. Totally understood and did not go. The guy, Ken, filling in for Matt, felt bad but one can't play with Mother Nature. He also said that Blue Safaris sold their boat, went state side and was not returning to the island. It must be extremely bad for Fab & Kirstine b/c this was their life and was running an excellent tour business. We have sailed with them many times in the past. Just totally shocked by this situation. I'm happy to read that they will be refunding your deposit too. For those that felt scammed, I believe that they truly were not. Chaos must have been in full blown swing with their personal family matters when calls weren't being returned or no shows. I can say that when we went to meet up no one came up to us as we waited for about 5/10 minutes. Then Ken who was standing there kept looking at us and asked if we were there for the tour. He wasn't sure and apologized for not as,ing us sooner as we seemed to not look puzzled or concerned which we were not. Well, time to find someone else now. I don't like those that talk trash about others so a larger tour company that does do a great job will not be for us.

Do you have the name(s) of the 8hr tour companies? We are going to be staying on the island therefore this might just work for us. Thanks :):)

So sad to read that they are done. We were just there and were going to do the 3-splash tour but the weather (seas/swells) were not cooperating. Blue Safaris had somewhere waiting for us and said that we would be able to go to Pinel Island due to the conditions - too dangerous. They were will to take us to the other spots but couldn't guarantee how far until we were actually out on the water. The other party of six that was going to join us backed out and they needed at least 5/6 in order for it to be $$$ feasible. Totally understood and did not go. The guy, Ken, filling in for Matt, felt bad but one can't play with Mother Nature. He also said that Blue Safaris sold their boat, went state side and was not returning to the island. It must be extremely bad for Fab & Kirstine b/c this was their life and was running an excellent tour business. We have sailed with them many times in the past. Just totally shocked by this situation. I'm happy to read that they will be refunding your deposit too. For those that felt scammed, I believe that they truly were not. Chaos must have been in full blown swing with their personal family matters when calls weren't being returned or no shows. I can say that when we went to meet up no one came up to us as we waited for about 5/10 minutes. Then Ken who was standing there kept looking at us and asked if we were there for the tour. He wasn't sure and apologized for not as,ing us sooner as we seemed to not look puzzled or concerned which we were not. Well, time to find someone else now. I don't like those that talk trash about others so a larger tour company that does do a great job will not be for us.

Do you have the name(s) of the 8hr tour companies? We are going to be staying on the island therefore this might just work for us. Thanks :):)

I was researching gb ferries. Leaves out of Simpson bay for anguilla.