Is this a routine email regarding boarding times?

I sure hope they don't enforce the boarding times as I am on deck 7 and the rest of my party is on deck 10. Really don't want to be waiting out in the heat while my friends get to board at 1pm.

So will the cabins also be open at 1pm or will the inspection delay that?

The inspection could delay cabin availability if the crew are involved in drills.

Edited by clarea

We were on Allure a few mos ago. Got the same email. Everyone boarded when they wanted to. No problem. We were supposed to board at 2 I think. Boarded at noon as planned. Enjoy your cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the email u received state coast guard inspection?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, the Coast Guard inspection is not routine. You are likely to have a delay in boarding.

Is this a ship returning from a transatlantic cruise?

Does this make a difference? We're on the first Liberty sailing after her return from Europe (Nov. 8). We board late as a matter of choice and LOVE just being able to walk on anytime after 2:00 p.m., but am wondering now if we should anticipate the rest of the horde descending at that same time? We haven't received any kind of notification that I'm aware of.

Does this make a difference? We're on the first Liberty sailing after her return from Europe (Nov. 8). We board late as a matter of choice and LOVE just being able to walk on anytime after 2:00 p.m., but am wondering now if we should anticipate the rest of the horde descending at that same time? We haven't received any kind of notification that I'm aware of.

Yes, it usually makes a difference if a ship is returning from a transatlantic cruise. Every crew member has to go though customs, which can consume customs agents and therefore delay guest disembarkation. Additionally, there might be Coast Guard inspections and US Public Health inspections.

Yes, we're also on that cruise. We sailed on Liberty on the first Caribbean sailing after a TA in 2012 and we had to wait to get on the ship. We received an email in advance telling us to show up a little later than usual. We received it FOUR days before the cruise. Here is a copy of what it said:

Dear Travel Partner,

We are writing to provide you with important information regarding your clients booked on the Saturday, November 10th, sailing on the Liberty of the Seas out of Port Everglades, FL. Please provide this information, as soon as possible, to your clients booked on this sailing.

Recently, we were made aware that the U.S. Coast Guard will be conducting a full ship inspection once Liberty of the Seas arrives to Port Everglades. U.S. Customs and Border Protection will also be conducting a full crew and guest immigration inspection, which is required for ships returning to the United States after a season cruising abroad. Because of these mandatory inspections, your client’s check-in and boarding is anticipated to begin after 1:00 p.m, which is later than the published window. Also, due to capacity limits in the terminals at Port Everglades, officials will limit access inside the terminal during this time.

We ask that you notify your clients of this expected change in check-in time and encourage them to not arrive at the terminal before 1:00 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our guests, and thank them for their cooperation and understanding.

Thank you for your assistance in notifying your clients about their sailing onboard Liberty of the Seas. As always, we thank you for your ongoing support of Royal Caribbean International.

Yes, it usually makes a difference if a ship is returning from a transatlantic cruise. Every crew member has to go though customs, which can consume customs agents and therefore delay guest disembarkation. Additionally, there might be Coast Guard inspections and US Public Health inspections.

The CBP clearance is also every 60 days, and requires a face to face with a CBP agent for every crewmember.

Coming back from a season outside the US is usually a target for the USCG to schedule an inspection.

Add to that the fact that USPH inspections are not pre-notified to the cruise line, and that a season away from US ports means that historically many ships will let their standards down a little, so USPH will be looking to inspect the ship at the first opportunity.

A little eerie coincidence... As I was typing my previous post I just received a text and email that basically states the same thing for the Nov 8th Liberty of the Seas trip.

We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on the Liberty of the Seas. The ship will be arriving to Port Everglades on November 8th from a season cruising abroad. This means there will be a required U.S. Coast Guard inspection, full crew immigration, and full guest immigration prior to starting our cruise check-in. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we invite you to plan to arrive at the terminal based on the following times.

We invite our Suite, Crown & Anchor Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and Platinum guests to arrive anytime between 12:30 PM and 3:30 PM. All other guests should refer to the timing based on your deck.

Deck 10: 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM.

Decks 9 and 3: 1:00 PM to 1:30 PM.

Deck 7: 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM.

Deck 6: 2:00 PM to 2:30 PM.

Deck 8: 2:30 PM to 3:00 PM.

Deck 2: 3:00 PM to 3:30 PM.

Edited by smileyperry