Solarium Pool Adult Only Policy

Sealubber73

Bob:

Here are the age limits for everything. Please note one misconception in this thread is that children are not allowed in hot tubs, they are under 16 if accompanied by parents. Please also note the the asterisk area where it says in the event of inclement weather children will be allowed into the Solarium. That is a rule also so if Celebrity allows kids in, they are not breaking the rules.

Below if from the Guest Conduct Policy.

Thalassotherapy Pool* Age 16 and over*

Whirlpools ** Under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent or adult

* During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium Pool (if covered) to be used by persons under age sixteen (16) provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian.

** United States Public Health Department Policy (USPH) prohibits persons who are not toilet trained or use diapers, pull-ups or swimmers from using pools or whirlpools.

Not sure what the other stuff has to do about solarium... BUT:

If I remember correctly the whirlpools inside the Solarium area are considered as part of the area. I have not seen children allowed in the area, even if on a chair. In reality the entire area (at least on the Connie) is 16 and above. I doubt that the whirlpool would be an exception.

Not sure what the other stuff has to do about solarium... BUT:

If I remember correctly the whirlpools inside the Solarium area are considered as part of the area. I have not seen children allowed in the area, even if on a chair. In reality the entire area (at least on the Connie) is 16 and above. I doubt that the whirlpool would be an exception.

Agree completely...

We'll maybe we are helping the OP avoid a bad situation. I was on the Silhouette this summer and some parents decided to bring their young son into the solarium. The next thing I knew a staff member swiftly told them they had to leave. They were livid. The next day back in the solarium they were back with the child. The staff member went to the Captain and he arrived and called the young boy over angrily and asked him if he had read the rules. They left. I was impressed with the way the rules were enforced by senior staff .

Great to see the Captain taking time out of his busy schedule to enforce the solarium rules with a small child (hint of sarcasm). How about taking the same approach with adults with regard to rules regarding reserving chairs in the main pool area?

Why are passengers exempt from rules in the main pool area but the solarium is treated as this impenetrable fortress? It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

It seemed to be a pretty extreme case...

Hi Bob,

Likely not the Captain, as you know. I've been fortunate enough to attend a few private meet and greets with Ship's Officers. The Captain is in overall command albeit with relatively few direct reports. The Hotel Director is the most powerful man on the ship from a passenger perspective. Within his purview are all the passenger focused departments (housekeeping, social, dining, entertainment, customer service etc).

It was likely a senior officer reporting to the Hotel Director who laid down the law in the Solarium.

Having said that, it is good to see examples of rules being enforced.

Cheers!

HTP

:cool:

We were on Reflection last Thanksgiving and spent a lot of time in the Solarium. I remember watching a family with a quiet toddler come in, set up their stuff around some chairs, and walk over to the pool. Before the toddler had even gotten wet, security appeared. A quiet conversation of few words ensued, and the family quickly retreated. The Solarium was usually very quiet and full of napping adults. The whole thing was handled so discretely that only those of us sitting up in our chairs with our eyes open even knew anything had happened.

Looking forward to being back on Reflection in 46 days for the Christmas holidays. As teachers, my wife and I can only cruise during holidays and peek summer weeks when the ships are crowded with kids. Knowing that a ship has an adults only place to where we can escape for some quiet relaxation is a big selling point!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have found this thread to be very informative.

My approach on my next Summit cruise will be to complain directly to the Hotel director regarding the lack of rule enforcement in the main pool area. I have worked in Materials Management/Manufacturing for 25 years and am a huge fan of procedures and rules. That said, there is an obvious disconnect with regard to the enforcement of rules between the Solarium and Main Pool area.

My prior complaints to Pool Butlers regarding deck chair reservations have continually fallen on deaf ears. Moving forward, I will now adopt the approach to go directly to "senior management." I will be very interested to see if any action will be taken.