Upgrade after final payment

BloodOrange

What does DSC mean?

Today, in less than one week, our cruise price dropped by $340! Picture window ocean views are now less than what we paid for a guaranteed inside. I called and got an upgrade to an unobstructed picture window cabin. Of course I get to keep the 10% OBC that was part of the original promotion and the OBC that came from our TA. In the future, I won't book a cruise until the absolutely very last minute.

This may not always work to your advantage because sometimes TA's offer hefty OBC's far in advance and combining with KSF, you will make out way better when booking in advance and then playing roulette with NCL CS than booking at the last minute. KSF covers all 3rd and 4th passengers so if you are sailing with 4 people, saving at least $1000 is better than booking at the last minute and paying the extra $1000 when you see prices drop.

For example, I paid about $2K for 4 passengers on BA under KSF and $400 OBC in a BX guarantee so essentially a $1600 cruise. Look at the latest price drop, the M2 stateroom is $100 less pp than I paid for a BX. If I booked a 4 passenger M2 now, it totals $3012 on ncl.com. Since I booked in advance, my TA called NCL and was able to upgrade me to a M2. Essentially my M2 with 4 passengers is $1400 less for booking in advance because I was able to upgrade, keep KSF, and keep the $400 OBC.

In the future, I won't book a cruise until the absolutely very last minute.

If you sail usually during off-season, that can be a good idea.

Just don't come here crying if the cruise you were planning to book was somehow fully booked and there is no availability when you tried to book. ;)

In the future, I won't book a cruise until the absolutely very last minute.

If you have the flexibility to do so, then that's the way to go. Just keep in mind that you might not get the sailing date that you want or the cabin location that you want. You might get the best pricing if the ship isn't sold out, but that's not always the case. Lastly, if you have to fly, you may not get a great airfare.

We originally booked a BX room. Prices later declined, and the price we paid became the same as a spa balcony room. We called our TA to ask NCL if we could upgrade to a spa balcony room and keep the same OBC.

The TA said NCL gave us two options between B9 (spa balcony) and M6 to upgrade, and we chose B9. We are now assigned to a spa balcony room.

Our TA re-sent an invoice to us with a spa balcony room assignment, however the room category is still "BX". On NCL webpage, it shows a spa balcony room and a BX room category.

Here are my questions.

1) In this case, should the room category change to B9? Should I call them to make sure that everything is changed to B9? Not sure if it has to do with keeping the same OBC. I don't want to be assigned to a non spa balcony room at the last minute, or stay at a spa room but do not have access to the spa.

2) How do you access the spa on the Getaway? Is it with the same key card as the room, or will they give you a pass?

3) Today the price of a spa balcony has dropped even lower than what we paid for a BX room. Do you think I can ask for additional OBC? Our TA said that we can only take what NCL offers once and cannot ask again.

Thanks,

I FEEL your pain! Booked a two bedroom suite for one of my daughters and paid $2979 per person......now going for $1299 per person! I called once a while back and they would only offer moving up to Owners suite which she does not want due to e wind issue on front balcony AND the fact that she want their cabin to be closer to ours......

I am going to call once more to see about OBC but truly hard to swallow the $3000 ! And I understand the reasoning......but again, we have both GV' s booked in addition to this room......so not as though we are NOT spending a large chunk of change on is trip......will let you know mypitcome after I call NCL again......and for the record I did NOT use travel agent......direct thru NCL for this booking .

I accepted an OBC on Wednesday and traded that for a 3 category upgrade today. At the first price drop, I called and they offered me the choice of an upgrade in the same category or an OBC. I took the OBC. At the second price drop, I called again. They offered me an upgrade to the lowest level of the next category in exchange for the OBC. We stuck with the OBC because the upgrade still wasn't interesting. Today, on the latest price drop, they offered the highest level of the next category so I took it in exchange for the OBC (only $25 BTW).