Upgrade after final payment

BloodOrange

We originally booked a BX room. Prices later declined, and the price we paid became the same as a spa balcony room. We called our TA to ask NCL if we could upgrade to a spa balcony room and keep the same OBC.

The TA said NCL gave us two options between B9 (spa balcony) and M6 to upgrade, and we chose B9. We are now assigned to a spa balcony room.

Our TA re-sent an invoice to us with a spa balcony room assignment, however the room category is still "BX". On NCL webpage, it shows a spa balcony room and a BX room category.

Here are my questions.

1) In this case, should the room category change to B9? Should I call them to make sure that everything is changed to B9? Not sure if it has to do with keeping the same OBC. I don't want to be assigned to a non spa balcony room at the last minute, or stay at a spa room but do not have access to the spa.

2) How do you access the spa on the Getaway? Is it with the same key card as the room, or will they give you a pass?

3) Today the price of a spa balcony has dropped even lower than what we paid for a BX room. Do you think I can ask for additional OBC? Our TA said that we can only take what NCL offers once and cannot ask again.

Thanks,

In order to keep your OBC your category had to stay the same and they basically just put it down as a free upgrade. They did the same on my reservation so I called and asked.

Thanks for your feedback. I called our TA to double check that our room will not be changed to another type of cabin later. (We don't trust any verbal commitments when booking our vacation.) Somehow they managed to change the category to B9 and keep the same OBC. Everything is perfect. I'll be happy cruising. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We booked a BX category early October on a Breakaway cruise in December and made full payment. It included the NCL 10% OBC promo they were currently running, plus another $100 OBC from the TA we booked through.

In about two weeks, we got a BD cabin assignment.

I then noticed after the NCL OBC promo was over, our price dropped

I called our TA and we got a "free" upgrade to a B4 Bump cabin and still kept both OBCs. Got a new invoice showing same.

Today, I saw the price dropped around another $200 and have just left a msg for our TA to callback and see what other upgrades or OBC credits may be available.

IMHO, it doesn't hurt check your TA and/or NCL's website to see if the prices have dropped and to spend a couple of minutes on the phone with your TA or NCL, asking about further upgrades and/or OBCs after final payment has been made.

Edited by MACE

Agree...OBC is indeed real money.

A nice "upgrade" is to get the newly discounted price while keeping your OBC or getting a free cabin category upgrade (to a location on the ship you like)...and still keep the OBC

People often forget that an OBC is real money.

All three of these prices are the same thing.

Cruise for $2500, with no OBC

cruise for $2900 with $400 OBC

cruise for $2700 with $200 OBC

It is only real money if you spend the OBC. Some of us don't use a large amount of OBC, so it would be wasted. We go to maybe one specialty dining room and purchase a couple of stock pictures, so anything above that is lost to us. Which is why we will just go for the lowest price.

Not every one us is the same.

I am booked and paid up for the Breakaway Nov 30th cruise. I paid for

An guaranteed inside. I noticed tonight that NCL is offering a balcony for

A little less than I paid for my inside. I was wondering if I should call

To see if I can get upgraded?

Sure, worst they can do is to say no. Just remember that you are not entitled to anything so anything they would give you is a bonus and if you don't get anything extra, you will still get everything you paid for. :)

Edited by Demonyte

Definitely.

Called NCL. They offered me an upgrade to a balcony. I paid a little more

Than what the advertised price for the new cabin was, they said after final

Payment no refunds or OBC. That's ok. I'm just happy I have a balcony.

Our TA called and we got another upgrade, this time from a B4 Bump cabin deck 12 to a MA on deck 14, kept our original 10% NCL OBC credit plus the TAs $100 OBC, both of which which will be applied to the DSC

Edited by MACE

Our cruise consultant called today and bam....free upgrade to Family Suite w/large balcony, keep OBC and possibly get more! Stoked and too scared to push my luck so shut up and agreed to the free upgrade lol Loving NCL even more right now :)

Our TA called and we got another upgrade, this time from a B4 Bump cabin deck 12 to a MA on deck 14, kept our original 10% NCL OBC credit plus the TAs $100 OBC, both of which which will be applied to the DSC

Generally, the NCL OBC cannot be used for the DSC.

Terry

MY TA says different, do you have a NCL link that says otherwise?

Thanks,

I had called NCL a few months ago and they told me OBC cannot be used for the DSC. But they said it can be used for everything else including excursions. Other cruise lines do allow you to use it for the DSC, I know RCCL does.

I had called NCL a few months ago and they told me OBC cannot be used for the DSC. But they said it can be used for everything else including excursions. Other cruise lines do allow you to use it for the DSC, I know RCCL does.

Well, that really depends. If it's OBC given by NCL then no, it can't be used towards DSC. If it's OBC purchased by you or someone else it can be used towards DSC. Also, if your TA gives you OBC it can be used towards DSC.

So it really depends on how you obtained the OBC.

Harriet

Well, that really depends. If it's OBC given by NCL then no, it can't be used towards DSC. If it's OBC purchased by you or someone else it can be used towards DSC. Also, if your TA gives you OBC it can be used towards DSC.

So it really depends on how you obtained the OBC.

Harriet

Mine was given to me by NCL.

Booked a BX KSF with $400 OBC in the Spring and got a BC assigned a few weeks ago right after final payment. Saw a price drop and called TA yesterday and got us a M2 while keeping KSF and $400 OBC. Totally happy with NCL since this happened on my last cruise too a few years back.

After a call to NCL, confirming what others have said: you can not use a NCL OBC for the DSC or as NCL calls it: Prepaid Service Charges (PSC)

Thanks all for setting me straight.

What does DSC mean?

Today, in less than one week, our cruise price dropped by $340! Picture window ocean views are now less than what we paid for a guaranteed inside. I called and got an upgrade to an unobstructed picture window cabin. Of course I get to keep the 10% OBC that was part of the original promotion and the OBC that came from our TA. In the future, I won't book a cruise until the absolutely very last minute.