Can you drop your luggage at pier and leave?

ilandlvr

Can you drop it before they said you can board? For example we are told boarding starts at 12:30pm but I will only have a car until 10am and would like to rid myself of the luggage and perhaps sightsee or go to the beach

Yes, you can drop it before they say you can board.

Is there anything to do around port. It will be myself, wife and 2 kids our flight lands at 9 so we would be at Port super early.

Shop for wine at Total Wine off of 17th St, in the Harbor Shops.

Is there anything to do around port. It will be myself, wife and 2 kids our flight lands at 9 so we would be at Port super early.

I have been there as early as 8am (you can drop off bags that early, but you won't be able to start checkin till later). We walked to a nearby hotel, had breakfast, and then walked around the marina till heading back for checkin and boarding. Note that you will need to have ID's to walk back into the port (I don't remember if we also had to have boarding passes). If you take a taxi, have them wait while you drop off your bags, and have them take you somewhere, so you won't have to walk or get another taxi.

I have been there as early as 8am (you can drop off bags that early, but you won't be able to start checkin till later). We walked to a nearby hotel, had breakfast, and then walked around the marina till heading back for checkin and boarding. Note that you will need to have ID's to walk back into the port (I don't remember if we also had to have boarding passes). If you take a taxi, have them wait while you drop off your bags, and have them take you somewhere, so you won't have to walk or get another taxi.

Can't imagine walking anywhere from Port Everglades - it is a very industrial port - in fact you have to go through a check-point to enter the port. It is not an area that you can walk in. You could take a taxi, have the cab wait after you drop off the bags, and then leave.