Cancellation

Conway733

Carnival cancelled our cruise out of Baltimore. Do I have to call them to get a refund, or will they automatically refund me. This is the second time this has happened...and we rebooked the first time, so there was no refund involved.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, what was the sailing date?

Why did you say you had to call?

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/port-cancellation-policy.aspx

Calling is the most logical thing to do. Were there instructions that came with the notification? I'm sure they didn't just say the cruise was cancelled.

• 3 months later...

We actually had two different sail dates cancelled on the Pride due to itinerary changes - I'm sure everyone is up to date in the Pride leaving Baltimore, going to Tampa, and now back again in Baltimore. The first was Nov 2014, and the second was April 10, 2016. I did end up calling eventuality, as there was no info or instructions as to what happened to our deposit. I had wrongly assumed that the deposit would be automatically refunded to our original form of payment. I was refunded, but I had to call to get the refund.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Edited by Conway733

We actually had two different sail dates cancelled on the Pride due to itinerary changes. The first was Nov 2014, and the second was April 10, 2016. I did end up calling eventuality, as there was no info or instructions as to what happened to our deposit. I had wrongly assumed that the deposit would be automatically refunded to our original form of payment.

I take it that ship may be involved in those longer itineraries, and might also be participating in those "remember when" cruises? Just speculating.

Well, the Pride is now back in Baltimore, which is a good thing for me. Only about a two hour drive to the port. We are now booked on an October, 10, 2016 sailing. I'm hoping, really hoping, that the Pride Isn't moved again! I keep imagining that I'm poolside on board, because it is still snowy and cold here. Lol

Does this happen often ? Especiallly in Baltimore? I only ask because we are looking to book next April or May out of Baltimore , which is a drive for us, but I would not want to worry constantly if it is going to be cancelled or not.

Does this happen often ? Especiallly in Baltimore? I only ask because we are looking to book next April or May out of Baltimore , which is a drive for us, but I would not want to worry constantly if it is going to be cancelled or not.

No it is not a normal occurrance. Carnival Pride switched ports and then they are doing one of the longer journey cruises is why. OP just got unlucky with the dates they booked.

Right. I got unlucky with the dates twice - which stinks because I have to book so far ahead of time. It isn't a normal occurrence, so definitely book it, and have fun! I didn't mean to cause a panic by posting on an older thread. Just posted because I realized I abandoned this thread.

Edited by Conway733

Heck yeah!! Celebrate 20 years! We loved being able to drive to the port.

That's what i'm thinking! It was a great a couple yrs ago to just drive to NY rather than fly, and that was in April...I so wish NY would have cruises again in April or even May..But doesn't look that way for next yr :(