Southern out of San Juan flight

ragethjj

Well I booked our flight out of San Juan in September now because we got a great deal! $280 round trip from Chicago! The return flight leaves at 10:25...and thee hip is to be in at 7am. Has anyone been on this cruise? Will we make our flight?

Well I booked our flight....

Will we make our flight?

Little too late to be asking, don't you think?:o

Carnival's website lists 12:00pm as the earliest flight (some departures dates list the earliest flight at 1:00pm) . Make sure you're off as soon as possible and give yourself plenty of time for the USDA Inspection before proceeding to the airline's check in counter. There's a lot of construction going on at the San Juan airport right now, so many airlines have been displaced to other concourses temporarily. Expect to check in at one terminal and walk to a different concourse. Lines at the security checkpoints are usually insane on a weekend in San Juan, and they are worse now since they are funneling passengers through one security checkpoint instead of three. Good luck.

Edited by Tapi

Well I booked our flight out of San Juan in September now because we got a great deal! $280 round trip from Chicago! The return flight leaves at 10:25...and thee hip is to be in at 7am. Has anyone been on this cruise? Will we make our flight?

Ship will probably be in before 6:00 a.m. (the islands are all very close).

But you may not be able to disembark until all procedures are completed. American citizens with passports can use 'self-assist debarkation' if they can carry off all their luggage.

If I remember correctly, on our cruise the CD announced that self-assist debarkation passengers could leave between 7-8 am.

You will need to be packed and ready to leave as soon as the doors open.

Edited by hirent

Little too late to be asking, don't you think?:o

Carnival's website lists 12:00pm as the earliest flight (some departures dates list the earliest flight at 1:00pm) . Make sure you're off as soon as possible and give yourself plenty of time for the USDA Inspection before proceeding to the airline's check in counter. There's a lot of construction going on at the San Juan airport right now, so many airlines have been displaced to other concourses temporarily. Expect to check in at one terminal and walk to a different concourse. Lines at the security checkpoints are usually insane on a weekend in San Juan, and they are worse now since they are funneling passengers through one security checkpoint instead of three. Good luck.

Yes it is...lol but the deal I got went back up hours later...may have been a mishap on the site or something cause now it is considerably more. We will have to be up and attem early so we make it

Is there another whip debarking the same day? Remember you need to get your luggage through the agricultural inspection and the line could get long. Allow enough time that your luggage needs to be checked in before 9:25 which is after that inspection. Barring no problems. And being first off with self embarkation you could make it

But way too much stress for me

Is there another whip debarking the same day? Remember you need to get your luggage through the agricultural inspection and the line could get long. Allow enough time that your luggage needs to be checked in before 9:25 which is after that inspection. Barring no problems. And being first off with self embarkation you could make it

But way too much stress for me

Ya I will make sure that we are first off and if debarkation is between 7-8 for self assist...I'm hoping it's fine

Ya I will make sure that we are first off and if debarkation is between 7-8 for self assist...I'm hoping it's fine

You need to be the first one at the ship's door when they open it.

Getting through the agricultural checks, customs, immigration etc. will take some time and it's a long walk.

Then you need to find a cab (that early might not have a lot of them outside), account for traffic and construction etc.

Edited by hirent

I'm no stranger to early flights, but having done SJU twice, this is gonna be tight. Like others have said, make sure you are absolutely first off with self-assist. Doing online check-in the day before and already having boarding passes would be prudent too. Luckily you're in St.Maarten the day before so that should be easy with how many internet spots they have there. When you arrive at SJU make sure you go to the agriculture checkpoint before you get in a check-in line, otherwise you'll be turned back and may have wasted valuable time. And +1 to getting a cab, don't waste time with a shared transfer.

So is it do-able? Absolutely! But there isn't much margin for error so just make sure you're ready for it! I will say that for the price you paid, I'd be running to the airport right next to ya!

Well I just called AA and asked if I could switch return flights and the guy said yes and was able to waive the change fees! Now we have a 1:05 return flight...whew...:cool:

you got that right-- that whew part.

I was getting stressed reading this thread--LOL

now youcan take your time getting off the ship.

you got that right-- that whew part.

I was getting stressed reading this thread--LOL

now youcan take your time getting off the ship.

No, I still wouldn't take it easy or relax. The later it is, the more crowded it will get. There will be lines wrapped all around the staircases.

I would still highly recommend doing the self-assist and leaving by 7:30 a.m.

Any later and you are likely to get caught up with the crowds depending on your zone.

Remember there will be at least a hundred people (if not more) out of thousands who will want to use self-assist. Even a few hundred people in front of you can take hours to clear.

In January, I walked off the Celebrity Summit at 7 AM and was at the airport before 8. I tried making an earlier flight but they were fully booked, so I had to wait until my scheduled 11:15AM time.

Hope you can do the same.