Miami hotel for family of 5

angeleski

just booked a cruise departing from Miami. I am looking for recommendations on a hotel within walking distance to the beach that would be suitable for our family of five. We have three kids ages 10, 7 and 7. Thanks for your help.

Flying into MIA or FLL? :confused: Pull up a google map of the area to understand the geography.

Flying into MIA the beach is Miami Beach (not the city of Miami); you'll need to head north of South Beach to find a family friendly hotel that can accomodate 5.

Flying into FLL (a 40-45 minute shuttle ride away from the Port of Miami) search www.sunny.org for local tourist and lodging info. Several hotels that I can think of either near the airport (Homewood Suites) or downtown (Embassy Suites) could accomdate 5 - but they are not near the beach. :( A local (Sharon) can help you with more focused suggestions. :cool:

just booked a cruise departing from Miami. I am looking for recommendations on a hotel within walking distance to the beach that would be suitable for our family of five. We have three kids ages 10, 7 and 7. Thanks for your help.

I have not stayed at the Savoy on Miami Beach but have read a few cruise reviews from other CC er's that have.

http://www.savoymiami.com/