NCL Photo USB

Medtech2

I appreciate a good picture as much as the next person. But I carry around a computer and a high-end digital camera disguised as a cell phone in my pocket. Call me the cheap guy, but a selfie or a point and shoot favor from another passenger is going to get me just as a good a photo (in my opinion — the only one that matters for displaying in my home) as anything that the cruise wants to charge me for taking. 

But some people really do like someone taking their picture and if you value it, buy it. (But … in 2022, pretty lame that there isn’t a flat fee to buy all of your digital pics and call it good. Seriously.)

35 minutes ago, happytotravel said:

Hi again,

I didn't realize that this was an old thread, sorry.  But for those you have been on cruises lately do they still use this?

I don't have any photos taken onboard by NCL.  I have enough from past years.

Thanks one more time, happytotravel

We got the USB last Christmas and it was not a cute little ship, just silver and blue ncl if I'm remembering correctly.

Getting all my children (one already in college ) and my parents all In the same photos was worth the cost. The USB was only an add onto a package. Wish they would just do the digital and be done with it. 

4 hours ago, MsMaybelline said:

I know this is an old thread...we have the jump drive and can't get any of our files to open. Anyone have this issue? I've tried 2 different computers and multiple "tricks" 😡

Oh, no ... did you saved them or backed up the original files / photos elsewhere ??  The USB jump drive that NCL used weren't exactly high or premium quality, good for transfer & saving to HDD then but they all do fail (read/access errors or data corruption are common, sometimes from humidity & temperature and long-term storage, etc.) i.e. remember the days of 8", 5.25" and 3.5" floppy disk errors    See if you can access the drive from a Linux computer or Chromebook, sometimes ... the "File Manager" have better luck or success reading, scanning & repairing it automatically and/or on demand.  

Mine (from 2014) is still okay, readable - it's 4GB sized encoded as a SCSI drive - try using an older PC that's backward compatible with USB 1.0 and/or 2.0 specs.  Good luck or get someone with the pro-tiered rescue & recovery toolkits to give it a try.  

• Thanks 1