Thomson Majesty - Colourful Coasts 28th November.

Just booked this cruise the other night flying from Newcastle, does anyone know how much it would cost in a taxi to get to Playa del Ingles from the port in GC? Just been looking at the shore excursions and think it might be better doing it ourselves... :cool:

Also, anyone else on here booked up for this cruise?

Just booked this cruise the other night flying from Newcastle, does anyone know how much it would cost in a taxi to get to Playa del Ingles from the port in GC? Just been looking at the shore excursions and think it might be better doing it ourselves... :cool:

Also, anyone else on here booked up for this cruise?

Hi I have booked for this Cruise for the week, flying from Newcastle :)

Thanks guys!

By the way, is there a 24 hour buffet on this ship? I'm quite partial to a midnight snack before heading back to the cabin, and can't see whether there is one or not on the website, we were on the dream last year and never bothered with it, but took advantage of the one on the Island Escape when on it in July of this year... :D

Thanks guys!

By the way, is there a 24 hour buffet on this ship? I'm quite partial to a midnight snack before heading back to the cabin, and can't see whether there is one or not on the website, we were on the dream last year and never bothered with it, but took advantage of the one on the Island Escape when on it in July of this year... :D

They used to be 24 hr. but they now close at 1am, or is it 2am:confused:??

They used to be 24 hr. but they now close at 1am, or is it 2am:confused:??

bah, that's fine, as long as something is open around 12ish for food, I'm not the boy I once was and if I stopped up til 1am the next day would be a write off! :eek:

I took advantage of the 24 hour buffet on the Dream in July, so I fully expect something to be open on the Majesty otherwise a strongly worded email will be fired off!

The buffet closed on the Dream in December 2013 at 1am and that goes for the whole fleet as far as I am aware.

• 2 weeks later...
Massive weather issues at Tenerife. Currently sat on plane at Gran Canaria airport after two aborted landings at Tenerife South.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hope you are safely on Tenerife, now, and that you have a great cruise. :)

We too have just got home, but thankfully we had a better flight home than we did on the way there! I'm not a good flyer so having two take off and landings on the way there made for a bad first day! Luckily it got better from there!

1am buffet closing, but we sat there at about 1.15am and there was still food and people coming in for it.

Only used the late buffet a few times, the chicken curry (and the beef curry for that matter) made for a lovely supper! Mmmmmm! :p

Ate in the dining room a few times, the massive one, Seven Seas? :confused: The menu was very similar if not the same as the Dream from last summer, however we treated ourselves to the T-Bone steak on Thursday night and it was fab, a bit shy with the chips though! :D

A very pleasant cruise, a lovely ship, with a great crew, they were severely tested on the first night with the bad weather in Santa Cruz and were just wanting everyone off the bus onto the ship, no labels or anything on luggage, cue a lot of anxious passengers who thought they weren't going to get their luggage, however they managed to pair cases with cabins going from the flight check in labels.