Upgrade from 'Free' Classic drinks package to Premium onboard

kevinyork

Very sorry if this has been asked before but Ive searched and cannot find anything.

We are looking at a cruise next year on Anthem and Royal are offering free tips and a free classic drinks package to UK bookers.

The classic package is pretty limited. Im wondering if it works as on Celebrity where you can upgrade onboard to the Premium package and just pay the difference. We would have OBC to use so if it is possible would like to do it onboard.

Secondly, my OH is t-total. Any chance they could downgrade their classic package and swap for the Royal Replenish instead as I believe it then includes waters?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They'll gladly take more money from you. Are there any restrictions placed on these included packages?

My thoughts are that they hope many will upgrade from the free classic package.

We downgraded one package on Celebrity. They just got my OH to sign a form agreeing to no refund of the price difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where, on board, would one go to upgrade/buy a drink package on, say, day 2? I ask because I've been advised to wait until day 2 to buy the package, as it's tough to "make one's quota" on day 1. :)

Edited by DaveTheNerd

Where, on board, would one go to upgrade/buy a drink package on, say, day 2? I ask because I've been advised to wait until day 2 to buy the package, as it's tough to "make one's quota" on day 1. :)

Yes, you can purchase late as long as there are at least 4 days remaining. You must then purchase for all remaining days.

That said, I don't see how with the entire afternoon and evening on the ship (boarding usually starts by 11am) you could have difficulty making your quota for day 1.