123go classic package includes no wine from Australia

cruisin-m

Hi there fellow CC'ers.

Have just returned from an 8 night Celebrity Solstice cruise and unfortunately in the process of modifying the prices on board to reflect the 15% gratuity included Celebrity have forgotten (I hope) to increase the limit for wine to accommodate the 15% gratuity not being inclusive.

The Celebrity website states-

Beer-$6

Spirits/cocktails-$8

Wine by the glass-$9

What happened when Solstice came to Australia for the classic package-

Beer- $7

Everything else- $9.50 (which is $8+ the 15% gratuity.) AKA the spirits/cocktails limit.

What the "gratuity difference" was when they adjusted prices for Australia-

$6 beers went to $7

$8 spirits/cocktails went to $9.50

$9 glasses of wine went to $10.50, but none of the "classic" wines were included because they all went above the $9.50 limit that Celebrity set for them.

There was two whites, only one single red(very cheapest alternative) and no sparkling included until the waiters agreed that it was ridiculous what they had done and gave a glass of sparkling that wasn't even meant to be offered by the glass(the cheapest offering).

Other than that if you questioned it... upgrade to the premium for $11.50 a day... I didn't upgrade on the principle of it, otherwise I probably would have.

Didn't let it bother my holiday at all :D, but come on Celebrity why run the promotion if you don't want to offer wine with it that's meant to be included.

I will be on one of the Solstice Australian sailing in a couple of months time.

When I first read your subject, I thought no big deal if there is no Australian wine being offered. However, if I understand your post correctly, what you're saying is that all wines on offer on Solstice AU sailing is ABOVE the Classic Beverage Package price limit, so you cannot have any wine at all.

I hope Celebrity clarifies & rectifies this quickly for all those on AU sailings, as it really is ridiculous.

Beer-$6

Spirits/cocktails-$8

Wine by the glass-$9

Beer- $7

Everything else- $9.50 (which is $8+ the 15% gratuity.) AKA the spirits/cocktails limit.

$6 beers went to $7

$9 glasses of wine went to $10.50, but none of the "classic" wines were included because they all went above the $9.50 limit that Celebrity set for them.

There was two whites, only one single red(very cheapest alternative) and no sparkling included until the waiters agreed that it was ridiculous what they had done and gave a glass of sparkling that wasn't even meant to be offered by the glass(the cheapest offering).

Not sure if there was a typo somewhere along the way there, but when in Australia Celebrity adjusts the wine package threshold in the Classic package to $10.50.

Celebrity's wine inclusions have always been sparse in the classic package, but you do have a few choices.

In terms of Australian wines, there are two whites that come in under that limit, at $8.50 (and 1 above, at $12.50). There are also 2 reds under the limit, and 2 above.

When I first read your subject, I thought no big deal if there is no Australian wine being offered. However, if I understand your post correctly, what you're saying is that all wines on offer on Solstice AU sailing is ABOVE the Classic Beverage Package price limit, so you cannot have any wine at all.

There are definitely a few wines offered in the Classic package, which is the same wherever Celebrity sails.

On Australian cruises, this season there are also 2 whites and 2 reds that should be available additionally in the classic package limit.

Hi there fellow CC'ers.

Have just returned from an 8 night Celebrity Solstice cruise and unfortunately in the process of modifying the prices on board to reflect the 15% gratuity included Celebrity have forgotten (I hope) to increase the limit for wine to accommodate the 15% gratuity not being inclusive.

Beer-$6

Spirits/cocktails-$8

Wine by the glass-$9

Beer- $7

$6 beers went to $7

Other than that if you questioned it... upgrade to the premium for $11.50 a day... I didn't upgrade on the principle of it, otherwise I probably would have.

Didn't let it bother my holiday at all :D, but come on Celebrity why run the promotion if you don't want to offer wine with it that's meant to be included.

You would have thought that this would been high on their agenda after a similar farce in Europe in May. Get a grip Celebrity!

Edited by SWORRUB1
poor spelling yet again back to school Sworrub!

There are definitely a few wines offered in the Classic package, which is the same wherever Celebrity sails.

On Australian cruises, this season there are also 2 whites and 2 reds that should be available additionally in the classic package limit.

We are booked on the Solstice from Auckland to Perth in February.

We got the Classic Package as part of the 123go promotion, does anyone know which wines are included in the Classic Package?

Not sure if there was a typo somewhere along the way there, but when in Australia Celebrity adjusts the wine package threshold in the Classic package to $10.50.

Celebrity's wine inclusions have always been sparse in the classic package, but you do have a few choices.

In terms of Australian wines, there are two whites that come in under that limit, at $8.50 (and 1 above, at $12.50). There are also 2 reds under the limit, and 2 above.

Sorry for any confusion caused by my post but there were no typos and perhaps as another poster has pointed out the title of this thread is misleading to make you think it isn't as bad as it sounds, that it might just be Australian wines not included. What you have stated is what is meant to have happened, but didn't.

Having just come off the 8 night Celebrity Solstice sailing I can assure you that Celebrity did not adjust the wine package threshold for the classic package to $10.50 and instead it was made the same as the cocktail/spirits limit at $9.50 even though all the prices of the wines per glass included in the package increased to $10.50, which meant that you could not have any of them. Only $1 shy of being included but it still meant that if you wanted to get wines that are included in the classic package everywhere else in the world, you would be required to pay the entire cost of the glass of wine.

This is in reference to both Australian wines and Celebrity's standard international wine list.

When I mentioned two whites and one red, I meant on the entire wine list both Australian and international that you could get by the glass.

None of the standard inclusions were included.

Hope this clears it up a bit :)

We got the Classic Package as part of the 123go promotion, does anyone know which wines are included in the Classic Package?

Based on our experiences the price issue will be sorted by then and you will have a choice of about 5-7 whites and the same number of reds in the ckassic package I would guess. There was also 2 sparkling which was sufficient enough choice for my tastes

If Celebrity don't change anything I can tell you exactly what three wines you can pick from...

Morgans Bay Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc

Rawsons Retreat Cabernet Merlot.

That is it :eek:

Then depending on which sommelier you speak to some might let you have their cheapest available sparkling, but others won't because they're all above the limit or not meant to be served by the glass.:rolleyes:

Based on our experiences the price issue will be sorted by then and you will have a choice of about 5-7 whites and the same number of reds in the ckassic package I would guess. There was also 2 sparkling which was sufficient enough choice for my tastes

That's encouraging!

As a big fan of full-bodied Australian reds let's hope they do sort it out.

But, if not, guess we'll survive with what's on offer!

Hi there fellow CC'ers.

I will not upgrade either if this continues. I'd be paying $11.50 extra a day to drink classic package wines. I assume they didn't increase the premium wine price correctly either. I hope they get it straighten out soon. Glad you still had a good cruise. Thanks for the update.

Cynthia

So, are ANY wines included in the Classic Package?

There were three options to pick from-

Morgans Bay sauvignon blanc or chardonnay

or

Rawsons Retreat Cabernet Merlot

So there was three wines (two whites, one red) but in my eyes that's basically the same as not having any wines available.

They are local Australian wines for anyone wandering and if you knew what they retailed for here would understand how they managed to find their way under the spirits/cocktails limits :p :rolleyes:

Sorry for any confusion caused by my post but there were no typos and perhaps as another poster has pointed out the title of this thread is misleading to make you think it isn't as bad as it sounds, that it might just be Australian wines not included. What you have stated is what is meant to have happened, but didn't.

None of the standard inclusions were included.

Hope this clears it up a bit :)

Sorry, but what I meant is that there has been some accident somewhere. I'm sure if it was questioned it would have been corrected.

I have just come off the Century sailing here in Australia, and what I wrote applied there.

I have also sailed earlier this year on Solstice in AU, and again the same applied, so am confident that it was meant to be that way. As per your figures, all the others were adjusted accurately, only wine didn't show right, which also doesn't suggest any attempt to rip off - why would it just be wine?

So, are ANY wines included in the Classic Package?

5 whites are included in the standard classic package (around the world), 3 roses and 4 reds, at present.

On top of that, as above, there are two Australian reds and two whites in the classic package, just on local sailings. All are subject to availability.

or

So there was three wines (two whites, one red) but in my eyes that's basically the same as not having any wines available.

They are local Australian wines for anyone wandering and if you knew what they retailed for here would understand how they managed to find their way under the spirits/cocktails limits :p :rolleyes:

I understood the poster was asking about any wine, not just Australian.

As you say, those are the Australian ones only, within the classic package. (There are normally 2 AU reds but there may have been availability issues with the other.)

You can also choose from the regular wines that are available within the classic package, as available on all Celebrity sailings.

From your post it sounds like you weren't able to get _any_ of the international ones, within the limit. I can only say that's definitely not standard Celebrity policy, and I've never had any waiting experiences like that. Sometimes, a certain brand on their list is not available, but most should be. And even with those that aren't available for whatever reason, the sommelier has always in my experience offered an alternative as a substitute. And this also happened on my Century cruise.

I don't know what happened with your situation, but it just doesn't sound right at all. And I'm certain it's not a Celebrity policy, including here in AU.

Edited by The_Big_M

The Thread title is a bit ambigous. It implies that no wines available "from Australia" (no Australian produced wines).. What I think is really meant here is " no wines on Sailings from Australia"..

This now becomes contradictory because the OP states further on that 2 Whites and 1 Red ( Australian produced) are available on Classic Package. Question is, NO wines or 3 wines?

Having done 3 non Australian Celebrity cruises, I have searched for Australian Wines and been unable to find any available "by the glass" and that is within the Premium package. Closest was NZ produced wine, a SSB.

Therefore the 3 that the OP found must have been extras to what is available on celebrity sailings in other regions.

or

Ok, thanks for the reply.

I'm a bit confused why, if there was three wines available, you are saying that's basically none.

I understood the poster was asking about any wine, not just Australian.

As you say, those are the Australian ones only, within the classic package. (There are normally 2 AU reds but there may have been availability issues with the other.)

You can also choose from the regular wines that are available within the classic package, as available on all Celebrity sailings.

From your post it sounds like you weren't able to get _any_ of the international ones, within the limit. I can only say that's definitely not standard Celebrity policy, and I've never had any waiting experiences like that. Sometimes, a certain brand on their list is not available, but most should be. And even with those that aren't available for whatever reason, the sommelier has always in my experience offered an alternative as a substitute. And this also happened on my Century cruise.

I don't know what happened with your situation, but it just doesn't sound right at all. And I'm certain it's not a Celebrity policy, including here in AU.

Thanks, The Big M.

You are correct. I was asking if any wine was available, not just Australian ones.