123 go Classic package is incorectly adjusted for Australian Solstice departures

cruisin-m

The problem is sorted it's now wines upto $10.50 I am on board now and have seen the proof

Excellent, Glyder. Problem solved. :)Thank you for your posting:):)

Have a great cruise. As you are disembarking in Auckland on January 5, we embark for the return to Sydney.

The problem is sorted it's now wines upto $10.50 I am on board now and have seen the proof

This was the exact issue with Eclipse in the UK this year.

You would think that management would get it sorted, but I am happy that it has been sorted for all of you! :)

Edited by SWORRUB1
rubbish spelling!

Thanks Glyder -- can you tell me the $ wine by the glass limit for the Premium Package ? If Classic is $10.50 - has the $13 limit been raised also ?

Thanks Glyder -- can you tell me the $ wine by the glass limit for the Premium Package ? If Classic is $10.50 - has the $13 limit been raised also ?

A really good question. I would imagine the premium limit would have been raised too as premium package buyers are also prepaying for the gratuity that is now included in the wine's price. I would guess they raised the premium limit to somewhere around $15.

A really good question. I would imagine the premium limit would have been raised too as premium package buyers are also prepaying for the gratuity that is now included in the wine's price. I would guess they raised the premium limit to somewhere around $15.

Just hoping Glyder sees this and can confirm or deny this ?

Yes, the Premium limit was similarly raised, for wines, cocktails, beers and spirits to $15.

I was on the 09-21 Dec Solstice cruise and confirm the Classic package limit was $10.50 and the Premium package limit $15.

Having said that, we had the premium package and I felt there were less red wines within the $15 limit than there was when we were on Solstice 2 years ago, then also on the premium package with the old $12 per glass limit. The included wines were fine, just limited in choice. For Shiraz drinkers I recommend the Yangarra Estate (about $14) or the Peter Lehman Lights Out (about $12). In Tuscan Grille we had the $14 Montepulciano; in Murano a $15 Kimton Syrah which was great and the best included wine IMHO, but not available elsewhere on the ship.

We purchased a few $16-$20 per glass wines and if you are on the premium package you just pay the difference above $15.

If you are wine drinkers I would certainly recommend upgrading to the premium package as the wines under the $10.50 classic package limit would be extremely limited and of questionable quality.

For whites, I liked the $16 Polly Fume Fuisse (similar to a Sauvignon Blanc) and the $12 Celebrity Cellarmasters Chardonnay was quite nice.

All spirits I asked for, (mainly Hendricks & Tanqueray gin) martinis & drinks at Molecular bar were included in the premium package. There did seem to be a lack of sparkling wines even in the premium package limit. I think there was only a Prosecco at around $10.50, which I didn't try but from all reports was horrible :eek: Most other sparking wines seemed to be $25-$35 per glass. We would usually have a sparkling wine pre dinner or during the show - but had none at all on this cruise.

Cheers

Ando

Hi Ando

We ususlly drink Chandon sparkling - lots of it -- was that not available ?:confused:

Not within the package limit on Solstice. From memory Chandon was around $20 including the 15% gratuity. In the specialty restaurants the only sparkling by the glass I noticed was $25 & $35 per glass. I stuck with wines that were (mostly) within the $15 limit.

Cheers

Ando

I just booked on the Solstice with the 123Go all inclusive offer however nowhere in my booking does it say that we are getting the free classic beverage package. Should this be listed somewhere. I am new to Celebrity and not sure how it works. Can anyone help? I booked a suite.

I just booked on the Solstice with the 123Go all inclusive offer however nowhere in my booking does it say that we are getting the free classic beverage package. Should this be listed somewhere. I am new to Celebrity and not sure how it works. Can anyone help? I booked a suite.

General consensus is that it typically takes around 10 days for the package to be applied to your booking and show up online. Having said that - some report that it never shows up online - unfortunately the Celebrity website is not very reliable. If you booked directly with Celebrity you will probably see a charge and corresponding credit on your invoice once the 123 package has been applied.

General consensus is that it typically takes around 10 days for the package to be applied to your booking and show up online. Having said that - some report that it never shows up online - unfortunately the Celebrity website is not very reliable. If you booked directly with Celebrity you will probably see a charge and corresponding credit on your invoice once the 123 package has been applied.

Thanks Ando! Appreciate it.

Sorry, one more (possibly stupid) question - does the Classic Package include soft drink?

Yes it does include soft drink. Further details on package inclusions are at:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

Cheers

Ando

Hi Ando

We ususlly drink Chandon sparkling - lots of it -- was that not available ?:confused:

I printed out a list by KEVINYORK on the Eclipse on May 2014. It lists Domaine Chandon Brut for $13 including tip. I was planning on drinking a lot of it on our 17 day cruise in February. I've had it with the premium package in the Ensemble Bar on other ships. Hope this hasn't changed that much since May.

Cynthia

Here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44321241&postcount=9

Edited by LunaSeaRetreat
added link

I printed out a list by KEVINYORK on the Eclipse on May 2014. It lists Domaine Chandon Brut for $13 including tip. I was planning on drinking a lot of it on our 17 day cruise in February. I've had it with the premium package in the Ensemble Bar on other ships. Hope this hasn't changed that much since May.

Cynthia

Here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44321241&postcount=9

For everyone else's sake I sure hope that its the case. The few times that I did think to have a glass of sparkling the only options I saw was the Prosecco or other choices well over the $15 limit. Maybe if I had asked they would have had DC available within the package limit :(

Cheers

Ando

Hi again Ando :D

Seems I have a problem now !:eek:

My wife , daughter and daughter -in-law are all threatening to jump ship if the Chandon Sparkling is not available in the Premium Package. 3 cabins overboard ! That is just about all they drink and have done so on several Celebrity cruises in the past. It was available on Solstice, Silhouette and Millennium when we cruised previously. Can anyone confirm that its definitely off the list available please.

May not be a deal breaker for most , but this family is :eek::(

Hammo - maybe find the roll call of the current Solstice cruise and post there to ask if someone onboard can check for you? Please don't base a decision to jump ship based on my recollection - I did have the premium package (and used it well) after all ;)

Cheers

Ando