Celebrity chart costs

kk99

Hi everyone,

In connection with my trying to figure out what the value of switching promotions on my cruises before final payment, I made two charts, one for a solo, and one for two people in the cabin that lists the current costs(ok, I rounded up or down 50 cents to make even numbers) for the classic alcoholic beverage package with the gratuity included, the cost to upgrade the package to premium, and the costs of the gratuities per cabin category, all based on the number of days for your sailing.

I wanted to compare what the added benefits were worth to me on any of my sailings as opposed to a discounted group space or dollars off a sailing.

I hope it helps a fellow cruiser by when they have a choice of promotions as to which one works best for them

Celebrity spreadsheet cost 2.pdf

Hi everyone,

In connection with my trying to figure out what the value of switching promotions on my cruises before final payment, I made two charts, one for a solo, and one for two people in the cabin that lists the current costs(ok, I rounded up or down 50 cents to make even numbers) for the classic alcoholic beverage package with the gratuity included, the cost to upgrade the package to premium, and the costs of the gratuities per cabin category, all based on the number of days for your sailing.

I wanted to compare what the added benefits were worth to me on any of my sailings as opposed to a discounted group space or dollars off a sailing.

I hope it helps a fellow cruiser by when they have a choice of promotions as to which one works best for them

I only noticed that gratuities should an even $12 per person per day for regular staterooms (inside, oceanview and verandas).

Interesting numbers.

Of course, your values for the classic alcoholic beverage package assumes a much higher value that it would for us.

First, we are elite and enjoy the happy hour at no cost, reducing our overall cost of alcohol onboard.

Second, we don't buy bottled water or drink specialty coffee.

Third, we usually buy a 7 wine package for a 14 day cruise, plus an occasional beer or after dinner drink, with an average alcohol bill (I check all cruise expenses) of $4-500 per a 14 day cruise, including the cost of the wine.

Thanks for the catch Dina S, I've updated the chart for the prices. 4747Papa, I am only listing what Celebrity sells the beverage package for.

I absolutely agree that if you are already getting benefits such as Happy Hour, or you don't drink alcohol, or lots of sparkling water or specialty coffee and tea drinks, the actual value to any cruiser is much less and subjective for each individual cruiser.

I just think it is helpful to figure out what the stated benefit is, and then each cruiser can figure out what the real benefit to them will be. Of course a great sailing price is the best one of all!

Celebrity spreadsheet cost 2.pdf

Hi KK99,

Thanks for doing this... I am sure it will be very helpful to many CC Members.

We personally, had booked our 2015 Bermuda 7 Night Cruise with the old 123Go Offer, and chose the Classic Bevvy Pkg ( value $ 708 US for 2)

Under the NEW 123Go All Inclusive Offer we would also pick up the Daily Grats ( value $ 175 US for 2 ) and $ 300 US OBC

For a net gain of $ 475 in perks.

We noticed that the Cabin Prices had increased slightly since our original booking

But most importantly, upgrading now from Concierge to Aqua was very very slight vs earlier.

Sweet.

We will revisit again when on our upcoming cruise to see if the onboard booking perks are combinable... Which would give us more OBC... And if we tranfer then to a TA, more OBC

Hard to resist. Nice cause when we originally booked Bermuda we did find this cruise / vacation to be a tad more expensive than we had hoped for

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB