boarding time on the Horizon

mamayer

I have not sailed out of Norfolk to Bermuda, but I did return into Norfolk on the April 12-24 repositioning cruise of the Horizon. Disembarking the ship in Norfolk took no time at all; we were on the dock and clear of customs by 8:45 A.M.! The Azalea Festival Parade was scheduled for 10:00 A.M. on that same day, so the streets were closed off an hour before the parade so leaving the terminal area was a bit of a hassle and we ended up waiting for our van until after eleven since it was stuck in traffic. There were passengers who did manage to get to the cruise terminal early who were able to have the luggage loaded so they could register to board during the time we waited. At embarkation in Tampa, we were on the ship by 1:00 P.M. for our four o'clock sailing. It took us less than a half hour to get signed in and onboard.... alot less time than it ever takes in Miami oi Ft. Lauderdale! While not quite able to answer your question regarding the exact time you might board, this response may give you some idea of a time frame for boarding. I think you will enjoy the trip..... I am headed for Bermuda out of Philly in June! Happy sailing!

We were on the 4/24 sailing to Bermuda. Since we live locally, we arrived at Nauticus around 1 p.m. and were on board in about 45 minutes. There were quite a few people on board already, so I guess you would have no problem boarding around 12 or so.

You are in for a treat...sailing out of Norfolk is wonderful and Bermuda is lovely. Have a wonderful time!

MissM

mamayer, when are you sailing? We have a nice ROLL CALL on the other board for Sept 18-25...if you are on that cruise we would love to have you join us icon_smile.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Archived