Earliest disembarkation off Reflection without using self help

kiyoko

We will be disembarking the Reflection on Nov. 29 and need to get to MIA airport to meet friends for brunch at 10:30am. Since we have too much luggage, would prefer not to use self-disembarkation. For those of you with more experience, what time is the earliest you have gotten off the ship without using self disembarkation and how long did getting through customs take? I realize that this varies depending upon a lot of different factors, but would appreciate any tips or advice. This ship is currently scheduled to dock at 7am at Port of Miami on the 29th. Thanks.

Edited by kiyoko

Also forgot to add that if in a suite, am I correct in assuming that we will have priority disembarkation or assistance in getting off the ship? Never been on Celebrity before and so not sure how that would work. Thanks.

Getting to the airport for brunch at 10:30 should be a lot easier, and a lot less risky, than catching a plane at 10:30! Unless the ship is significantly delayed you shouldn't have a problem.

We did something similar three years ago when some friends picked us up for breakfast after a 7 night cruise disembarking at Miami on a Saturday in February. I don't know what our disembarkation time was but I know the ship was scheduled to "arrive" at 7AM on it's itinerary and that there is a text on my phone with a time stamp of 8:20AM telling them we were in the terminal picking up our luggage.

Of course since the 29th is the Saturday after Thanksgiving the airport lines might be a bit longer than usual.

Edited by Lsimon

Hi Kiyoko, hopefully you won't have a problem, but based on our recent experience (Reflection docked at 4am, we were suite passengers etc) the disembarkation wasn't the problem, it was the wait for the luggage that held us up. We left the ship just after 9 am, but when we got to the luggage carousels it quickly became obvious that the belts were full with the same cases going round and round...not sure what happened exactly as the numbers on the tags were all different, but apparently the corresponding guests were not there to retrieve their luggage (??still on the ship). The net result was that there were several carts full of luggage outside of the arrivals hall which simply couldn't be unloaded onto the belts. We met a couple who had disembarked early and waited over an hour with no sign of their luggage...oh, and they were booked on a shore excursion. I eventually spoke to a member of staff (we were missing one case at this stage) and explained that we had a flight at 13.15 and would we make it?? She personally retrieved the missing case (yes, you've guessed it from the cart outside) and we were on our way. Queued for immigration, but the longest wait was for the luggage which took an hour.

Good luck!

Barbara

Larry and Barbara,

Thanks for your quick responses.

Usually, since my son never wants to get off the ship, we are usually last off and so this will be a new experience for us. Being last off, we always see our luggage standing alone in the terminal, waiting for us. It didn't occur to me that we might have to wait so long for the luggage so thanks for the tip. Although in theory it doesn't seem like we will have a problem, there is always the chance of a delay somewhere. As much as I hate to do it, it looks like we will have to do self-disembarkation. I guess I better go through my luggage and see if there's anything I don't absolutely need and leave it home and keep the shopping during the cruise to a minimum.

Edited by kiyoko

When you complete your disembarkation paperwork, just select the earliest time. If you get reassigned to a later time, Guest services seems to almost always swap your tags for the earlier tags just by asking. Suite or not, they seem to not really care.

Key in your case will be to get assigned to the first organized disembarkation group to ensure your luggage is out there first in case of any subsequent delays in the process.

It is early. I just got home from REFLECTION yesterday and they were

going to put me in the 7:20am group......No thanks. I didn't need to

be off so early. My original tags were "4 GREEN". I had Guest Relations

change it so I could disembark at 9:30 instead.

But if you want to be off early, even without self-disembarkation? Yes,

it is very possible.

Edited by Lois R

It is early. I just got home from REFLECTION yesterday and they were

going to put me in the 7:20am group......No thanks. I didn't need to

be off so early. My original tags were "4 GREEN". I had Guest Relations

change it so I could disembark at 9:30 instead.

But if you want to be off early, even without self-disembarkation? Yes,

it is very possible.

What's the latest they'll let you disembark if you drag your own bags?

What's the latest they'll let you disembark if you drag your own bags?

The latest time listed on the sheet was 10:30. That would be last off.

You could find a public area and just wait there for the last numbers

to be called. I would suggest waiting in Cafe Al Bacio. Disembarkation

was on deck 5 so that would make it easy.

Edited by Lois R

We will be disembarking the Reflection on Nov. 29 and need to get to MIA airport to meet friends for brunch at 10:30am. Since we have too much luggage, would prefer not to use self-disembarkation. For those of you with more experience, what time is the earliest you have gotten off the ship without using self disembarkation and how long did getting through customs take? I realize that this varies depending upon a lot of different factors, but would appreciate any tips or advice. This ship is currently scheduled to dock at 7am at Port of Miami on the 29th. Thanks.

We got off Reflection on Sun. We were in a Suite and were driving to Atlanta so asked for earliest off time. We were issued Number 1 and it was a 7:15 debarkation time. We went to the Tuscan Grill at 7:00, the designated waiting area for Suites. We were called at 7:20. We were in the luggage area at 7:25, but 2 of our bags were "lost." The luggage area is an airport type carousel. Not the best system. Turned out one of the luggage carts containing "number 1" wasn't unloaded. This was discovered after many searches by our extremely helpful Porter, who went to the back many times to help find our luggage. Had our luggage been unloaded as expected we would have been through Customs by 7:45 or so. As it was, even though it took us 25-30 extra minutes to find our luggage, and the terminal became much more crowded, we were out of Customs by 8:10 and car loaded and on the road by 8:20.

So if you are in a Suite and want off early, check the 7:15 debarkation time, go to the Tuscan Grill and enjoy a pastry and coffee, and find a porter. You'll likely be at the curb before 8:00. More likely by 7:45 or sooner. Should give you plenty of time to meet your friends.