Bypassing the negatives - Quantum is drop dead gorgeous

You're way too kind, I think you give too much credit for the things that did not happen. :o The only thing NEW about the cruise was the SHIP. I didn't have a waiter for my room steward or a loyalty ambassador serving me in the Cafe 270. What disappointed me was the "responses" from the people we were looking for answers. The simple task of asking for Honey on the 3rd day we don't have any on board :eek: next person we're all out :rolleyes: final answer They were not logged in when they came aboard so nobody knew we had honey. Plus a lot more such as the Balcony Door, Room temperature, Diamond + Amenities, which is a work in progress as I speak. Once they had this big hole anything that happened was just pushed into this "deep abyss". These things really happened we too adjusted our days ;) to make the best of it.

Mike

Hi Mike

My negatives are on the other thread "The Epic one". On this thread I wanted to let people know how beautiful the ship is. The faults/glitches we had were not because we had an ugly ship and I am really hoping that what many of us endured on our sailing is not repeated on future Quantum sailings.

Funny thing though, I was just reading a news story on Seatrade about Quantum's fabulous fast amazing O3B internet...ok sounds great...then I had an email from a friend currently on QN Pre-Inaugural who said she was trying to use Skype for a call but but the connection kept dropping.

Maybe they haven't quite got the fast fabulous internet quite sorted yet :eek:

But Quantum is still an amazing looking ship, she may not work fully as they intended but hey maybe very soon she will work as good as she looks :D

Hi Mike

My negatives are on the other thread "The Epic one". On this thread I wanted to let people know how beautiful the ship is. The faults/glitches we had were not because we had an ugly ship and I am really hoping that what many of us endured on our sailing is not repeated on future Quantum sailings.

Funny thing though, I was just reading a news story on Seatrade about Quantum's fabulous fast amazing O3B internet...ok sounds great...then I had an email from a friend currently on QN Pre-Inaugural who said she was trying to use Skype for a call but but the connection kept dropping.

Maybe they haven't quite got the fast fabulous internet quite sorted yet :eek:

But Quantum is still an amazing looking ship, she may not work fully as they intended but hey maybe very soon she will work as good as she looks :D

Yea I just saw your post :) over there. My point was, yes they'll address the problems that they incurred on this cruise :D ........ some were self inflicted.:eek: The best WOW was the M&M I wonder why :confused:

Thanks for the lovely pics, I shall ask Dave to post his on here too.

As for your review, I couldn't have put it better myself. Quantum is an amazing ship and like you said, once they have ironed out the problems, it will be fantastic.

I'm just looking forward to my sailing on the Allure of the Seas next September.

And on that ship, I expect to be Wow'd big time and won't be happy if I'm not:)

Carol & Dave

Yea I just saw your post :) over there. My point was, yes they'll address the problems that they incurred on this cruise ........ some were self inflicted.:eek: The best WOW was the M&M I wonder why.

Have to agree the M&M was a WOW, never ever seen so many Executives at a M&M before, was quite a surprise.

Ok embarassing story time.

On the first night I was standing talking with some of our roll call members when a lady approached me and asked if she could take a pic of my special boarding shirt. Many people had stopped me during the day asking the same thing, I said yes of course, no worries.

I looked at the lady and I said, "you look familar were you on Oasis Inaugural ?

She replied "no"

I said "Allure Inaugural" ?

She replied "no"

I said "oh sorry I am sure I have seen you somewhere before."

She replied "I am Lisa Lutoff-Perlo EVP Royal Caribbean"

My reply.."oh heck I am sorry :o"

I had met Lisa Bauer when she was with RCCL but I hadn't met Lisa Lutoff-Perlo before.

I was so darn embarassed that after all the reveals and news stories about Quantum that I had watched and read that on the day we embarked Quantum I didn't recognise the EVP :o

The gentleman with Lisa was Jeff the VP of Digital Marketing, he asked if it was ok for the photo of my shirt to go on Facebook and Twitter, I said sure I don't mind at all but I won't see it there as I only post on Cruise Critic. :D

It was great to see them all again at the M&M. :D

Thanks for the lovely pics, I shall ask Dave to post his on here too.

As for your review, I couldn't have put it better myself. Quantum is an amazing ship and like you said, once they have ironed out the problems, it will be fantastic.

I'm just looking forward to my sailing on the Allure of the Seas next September.

And on that ship, I expect to be Wow'd big time and won't be happy if I'm not:)

Carol & Dave

Thanks Carol, that would be great if Dave could post pics here too. :D

I love the Allure and can't wait to get back on her next October, you will be on her after her dry dock in May, I hope you will let me know what you think of her. I think she will definetly WOW you :D

Have to agree the M&M was a WOW, never ever seen so many Executives at a M&M before, was quite a surprise.

On the first night I was standing talking with some of our roll call members when a lady approached me and asked if she could take a pic of my special boarding shirt. Many people had stopped me during the day asking the same thing, I said yes of course, no worries.

I looked at the lady and I said, "you look familar were you on Oasis Inaugural ?

She replied "no"

She replied "no"

I had met Lisa Bauer when she was with RCCL but I hadn't met Lisa Lutoff-Perlo before.

I was so darn embarassed that after all the reveals and news stories about Quantum that I had watched and read that on the day we embarked Quantum I didn't recognise the EVP :o

The gentleman with Lisa was Jeff the VP of Digital Marketing, he asked if it was ok for the photo of my shirt to go on Facebook and Twitter, I said sure I don't mind at all but I won't see it there as I only post on Cruise Critic. :D

Good story ........... This one goes back to NYC at the taste testing of DD Lisa, Neil, Adam, Jamie and a bunch more. The only time I tried vanishing noodle soup. Yep right before my eyes......... You know the movie lost in translation well some of those delicious food items in NYC got lost in transportation to the Quantum. ;)

Mike

She replied "no"

She replied "no"

Ha Ha, Morto!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For the Ifly what kind of shoes did you wear? Wondering if I need to bring sneakers.

I think I saw people on the iFly that didn't have sneakers were allowed to borrow rock climbing shoes but you would still need socks.

As much as RCCL over promised and under delivered on some aspects, I'm very satisfied by their quick resolution of $300 on-board credit and 25% credit towards the next cruise. Internet packages were also refunded.

Many people seem happy with DD. I still prefer traditional dining with set wait staff especially on longer cruises and not having to decide where/when to eat each night. I also think set dining times makes it easier for staff to set the entertainment schedule. My friends had to cancel so I ended up solo cruising and I got sat one evening by myself despite my request for a larger shared table.

Two70 is comfy livingroom space with an awesome view and turns into an amazing theatrical venue at night. Anyone familiar with the roast beef sandwiches from Central Park Cafe on Oasis/Allure you'll be happy to know you can find them there. :)

I heard they weren't charging for drinks at Bionic Bar because it's not FDA approved yet. Had many free drinks there. Sometimes what I ordered, sometimes not. Either way, I found it entertaining with many the same people.

Once they get the many kinks worked out, I think Quantum is fantastic ship to check out. I'm glad I did because I like exploring and it has TONS of new features to offer that you're not going to find anywhere else. For me, I like it when the staff know you after a couple days and you can get to know your cruise mates better. I find that easier on the Radiance or Voyager class and now that they're getting Flow Riders I'll really be looking at those.

Thanks for your great review and photos!

How was dinner in the WJ? I read elsewhere that they offer Indian curries at dinnertime, was this also the case on the Quantum? (I'm booked for Dec 27th but have a chronic illness that might limit my ability to eat in a restaurant every night, those little bed baskets look like they were made for me :))

They do have Indian curries! I ate them quite a few times. :)

Hey Liz, Glad you made it home safely.

Edited by queenL