Bypassing the negatives - Quantum is drop dead gorgeous

I think I saw people on the iFly that didn't have sneakers were allowed to borrow rock climbing shoes but you would still need socks.

That is correct. DD didn't have the right shoes on either and they let her wear the rock climbing shoes. I don't think you have to wear sneakers. They just have to be shoes that will fit securely. When I flew Ifly in Orlando my shoe flew off and went flying in the air.

• 3 weeks later...

A gentleman from the 11/2 roll call posted this link to a video taken on the first night which gives you an idea of how the seas were affecting one of the pools.....but if you go to around 1.38 on the video...the video changes to something heard in his cabin bathroom, I am so glad he posted this as a few of us on that sailing thought we had lost the plot or had had tooooo many lemon thingies -

Thank you.

These wicker items weren't that big so I wasn't sure how someone would be able to lounge in them..unless they curled up in them...sort of like a dog in a basket :D

But maybe they were for just one person :confused:, hopefully someone on a future sailing will spot them and let us know where they ended up.

They had 2 different wicker loungers. 6 of them had higher tops similar to the canvas pictured but constructed entirely from wicker. As the day progressed, they got stuffy since the wicker blocked air circulation. These were all located in the solarium.

The lower back wicker loungers were very comfortable and did fit 2 people. Initially on the 11/23 cruise there were 2 of these in the Solarium and 4 in right outside the doors in the Inside pool area. They moved them around and later 4 were located in the Solarium and 2 were outside the solarium.

They had blankets available at the towel station outside of the solarium.

But hey, the captain said the stabilizers worked great and the ship never listed more than 3 deg.:rolleyes:

For some reason I don't remember hearing taps piped into the bathroom (the music, yes).:confused:

The story of the musical bathroom -

Here is the source of the Music:

2014-QOTS-050104.jpg

It's the loudspeaker above of the toilet brush.

So I was really on the toilet when I had first time the music. I thought only I might be overtired and something like a tinnitus.

Days later again. I made the record and went to the Guest Services.

They told me that there is a switch to lower the volume. But that was not true. There is none because you must here it in case of emergency.

By the way it is the German Rap Song: "Einmal um die Welt" by Cro

(On time around the world).

which explains that it was used by the workers of Meyer-Shipyard who were testing the ship PA system.

I was claiming that no PA is transmitted through a TV channel like on other lines (like the channel with the webcam, map etc.).

They said that they do not like to bother guests.

Then due to the memorial minute for the veterans the music came again through the bathroom.

Regards

HeinBloed

Did you hear the voices when they forgot to turn off the PA system from the Bridge after an announcement from the Captain ?