TRX on Regal?

Sincity

According to what I found on the Princess website they do offer TRX classes:

"TRX® – Born of the U.S. Navy SEALS, TRX suspension training bodyweight exercise is a revolutionary method of functional training. Using a TRX Suspension Trainer combined with bodyweight, participants can perform hundreds of different exercises and control the intensity by adjusting body position and angle. Classes will be held in the indoor studio as well as outside on the fitness court".

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Royal-Princess-Fitness-Facilities-Keep-Passengers-Active.html#.VGlH9Yg76rV

Skimming through recent Patters on the Royal I didn't notice any classes (including other fee based activities) advertised but you could probably book it at the gym.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I did the trx classes on the royal they were awesome. I was the only one who did them and they were done at 4 pm, a bit late but i still did them. They were 45 minutes long and were done bootcamp style very quick. You could not use the trx on your own they were only for classes.

I did the trx classes on the royal they were awesome. I was the only one who did them and they were done at 4 pm, a bit late but i still did them. They were 45 minutes long and were done bootcamp style very quick. You could not use the trx on your own they were only for classes.

They were 20 dollars a class.

According to what I found on the Princess website they do offer TRX classes:

"TRX® – Born of the U.S. Navy SEALS, TRX suspension training bodyweight exercise is a revolutionary method of functional training. Using a TRX Suspension Trainer combined with bodyweight, participants can perform hundreds of different exercises and control the intensity by adjusting body position and angle. Classes will be held in the indoor studio as well as outside on the fitness court".

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Royal-Princess-Fitness-Facilities-Keep-Passengers-Active.html#.VGlH9Yg76rV

Skimming through recent Patters on the Royal I didn't notice any classes (including other fee based activities) advertised but you could probably book it at the gym.

Thanks, I found the same factsheet for Regal:

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Regal-Princess-Fitness-Facilities-Keep-Guests-Active.html#.VGlWWPnF-84

Did they have boot camp classes in the morning and then the trx classes on the same afternoon or were they staggered? I like it when I can do two or three classes on the same day.

Were the TRX installed so that you had room on every side to move?

They put em in on the Allure of the Seas really close to a wall so you can't really do chinups with them.

Edited by somerandomidiot

They were anchored fine you had plenty of room to move and do all exercises. Not sure if you can bring your own but i doubt it. The classes i did was some times staggered. A few of the sea days i had a boot camp at 10 am and then a trx at 4. Stopped me from drinking that is for sure! You had five bootcamps which were 180.00 dollars and then 4 trx classes. As i said i was the only one on the ship that did all of them. We had a guy from glasgow and a girl from whales and both were fantastic.

They were anchored fine you had plenty of room to move and do all exercises. Not sure if you can bring your own but i doubt it. The classes i did was some times staggered. A few of the sea days i had a boot camp at 10 am and then a trx at 4. Stopped me from drinking that is for sure! You had five bootcamps which were 180.00 dollars and then 4 trx classes. As i said i was the only one on the ship that did all of them. We had a guy from glasgow and a girl from whales and both were fantastic.

Was your cruise a 7 nighter, that seems like a lot of classes to pack into a week?

It's funny how the pricing on the bootcamps are all over the place even though it's all run by the same company. On the carnival inspiration in Sept. they were 35 a pop for two classes, on the allure of the seas two weeks ago they were 120 for 5 classes.

I was on the 10day cruise.. yes prices for boot camp was high considering it was only 30minutes.But I am so use to doing classes I just did them. I do believe they follow a set programme on this ship so when I am back on in march I may have to rethink on doing them again.

I did TRX on the Royal Maiden Transatlantic (17 days). The aerobic room had twelve anchors. All three personal trainers had taken TRX training and knew what they were doing. I was the only one in the class, though a couple of others showed up for individual sessions. There were six morning classes on the sea days. I also did the Royal Maiden Caribbean (5 days). 12 people signed up for that class with a waiting list. I just completed a Transatlantic (17 days) on the Emerald followed by a Mexico cruise (5 days). Again, I was the only one who signed up. The Emerald has six anchors. On the 5 day cruise, three other people showed up for the class. The classes on the Emerald were at 4:00 PM. I preferred the morning classes.

I had asked Princess ahead of time if I could use my own straps and was told no.