Catamaran Sail and snorkel

Carnivalcruiselover!

Hello all,

I tried, but could not find any info on Carnival's "Catamaran Sail and snorkel" shore excursion in Aruba. I have one question. Will this catamaran have a bathroom? I know it seems like a silly question, but I need to know the answer before I decide to book. If anyone has taken this excursion, please let me know. We are going to be in Aruba on Christmas day, and my hubby really wants to take this excursion.

Thank you...

We went last year. There are "heads" (aka bathrooms). There are nice stairs down into the water. You sail around the end of the island to a protected area with some coral and tropical fish. Our shorex included drinks and some beach time. It was a lot of fun!

We had one issue - a number of catamarans anchored while we were there & they look alike. My husband didn't see the others pull in & he was confused which was ours. In the meantime, everyone else was back aboard & a quick head count done. I had to argue that DH was NOT aboard and make them wait while we called for him. He didn't live it down for the rest of the cruise. Everyone on that tour remembered him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

My family of four just got back from our Thanksgiving cruise and we did the Catamaran Sail & Snorkel through Carnival while we were in Aruba. We gathered with other Carnival excursions in the theatre, which made it look like tons of people would be jammed up on our excursion. Fortunately, there was room for everyone on the large catamaran. Our group walked across the pier to the waiting catamaran and we boarded. The crew was efficient and courteous, although there were not enough small fins for the number of children on board. My DD had to go without, which was tiring for her when snorkeling in the open ocean and she is a competitive year-round swimmer.

We motored out to the first snorkeling site which kept a cloud of fumes from the engine around us. Once at the site, we donned our gear and I exited from the back of the boat. My DD slid down the slide into the water. We didn't see many fish until we headed closer to land and the coral looked more alive. It was fun and the 25 minutes we had in the water was over too soon. Getting back on board wasn't easy.

We headed over to the second site which had a sunken ship from Germany. I accessed the water from the back of the ship again and plowed my way through the current to the wreck site. I was nervous at first seeing a mossy cadaver of a ship below me, but I got over it and snorkeled around. I found a huge school of fish on the other side and that made it all worthwhile. Getting back on board was once again, not easy.

We sailed back and enjoyed cups of rum punch. The coastline was gorgeous and we couldn't have asked for a better day in Aruba!

• 9 months later...