Why do they keep changing my room #?

Anyone know why they keep changing us room #'s? It's not a big deal just afraid they will change us to a room we don't want!

We booked room 11730 one of the new grand suites and got changed to 11330 when I called for a price reduction without them telling me they were changing us.. no big deal really, but today I noticed 11330 was available to book and they changed us back to 11730, which is fine that's the one we picked in the first place, but why do they keep changing us without asking?

Will they change us to another grand suite we don't want? I only want one of these two and now I'm afraid they will change us all together since they keep messing with it!

We are booked for April 2016 so it's a really long way away and the room we aren't currently in is still available so I have no clue why they are playing ping pong with us?

I've not heard of them changing staterooms unless they are upgrading you, or you've got a guarantee and they need to move you for some reason. It almost sounds like the first move was a mistake, and they changed you back to fix it.

Edited by clarea

Anyone know why they keep changing us room #'s? It's not a big deal just afraid they will change us to a room we don't want!

We booked room 11730 one of the new grand suites and got changed to 11330 when I called for a price reduction without them telling me they were changing us.. no big deal really, but today I noticed 11330 was available to book and they changed us back to 11730, which is fine that's the one we picked in the first place, but why do they keep changing us without asking?

Will they change us to another grand suite we don't want? I only want one of these two and now I'm afraid they will change us all together since they keep messing with it!

We are booked for April 2016 so it's a really long way away and the room we aren't currently in is still available so I have no clue why they are playing ping pong with us?

Maybe because you called for a price reduction? :confused:

I figured they changed me the first time because of the price reduction... I noticed a few hours later.. since it was on the same deck and just the other side I shrugged it off, no big deal.

But a few weeks later (about 3 weeks, I check prices almost daily except this weekend while I was out of town, so the change was recently) and they changed me back... and I haven't done anything since then.. I haven't called or made a payment yet or anything.. they just randomly changed it back a few weeks after they changed it in the first place.

I am fine having the cabin they changed me back to, no complaining... my concern was just that they can change me somewhere I don't want if they keep messing around with it without telling me!

It does make sense that they noticed they changed it and changed it back, but not sure what made them realize it since I haven't made contact with them....

This is weird lol.

It might help to know what ship and when this cruise is? I know Oasis on its TA, some of the new suites weren't finished yet.

Yes it's Oasis, sorry thought that was implied :) But this is for April of 2016 so I doubt that has anything to do with anything.

Yes it's Oasis, sorry thought that was implied :) But this is for April of 2016 so I doubt that has anything to do with anything.

It's not April 30th of 2016 is it? I'm planning on booking that one myself, unless as the rumor in another thread says thats it's getting moved to China before then ;)

We cruise in Jan 2015, originally i booked on deck 7. Couple mths later i got an email saying we had a room change. Called RCI and asked about the change and why and was told its something the ship has done and that it could be cos the room needs maintainence. I told them there was still 6mths till the cruise. No real explanation could be given so I left it. Called few days later spoke to someone new and he couldnt give us an answer either but moved us to wat he thinks is a better cabin on a hump. So heres hoping it is a good location/room