Hampton Inn on Brickell......(Miami)

Lois R

You are right, I've taken a cab to my place and I live right near the Hampton Inn and it costs around $25.

Hi Caroyln, thank you:)....I knew there was no way it was 40 bucks

to get to the hotel from the airport.

I've stayed at the Hampton Brickell three times now...wonderful hotel, great location, super breakfast, clean, well-staffed and EXCELLENT location with lots to do within walking distance. I park at portofmiamicruiseparkingdotcom for $6 a day...I unload my car and drive right to the lot then take the free metromover back to the hotel. The hotel IS pricey, even in off peak months. It was selling for $450 plus tax for spring break week this year...I chose NOT to stay there but am staying at the Hampton Doral for less than half that amount. I'll just drive to my parking lot in the morning then take a $6 taxi ride to the port. :)

Edited by kathiean

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell last year and was very impressed. You can also use the Sun Trolley to have a nice little tour of the area. One trolley goes all the way to Bayside and beyond, and there's another one that travels around the Brickell area. It's a hop-on hop-off.

Walking around is safe, lots of restaurants including PF Changs, which I enjoy. We don't have them in Canada. There are the two Publix stores..one at Mary Brickell mall, and one around a few corners from the hotel.

I was able to book a King Studio Suite in July for $193 plus taxes a night, prepaid. I thought that was a good price. I'll look at the Cruise Critic prices next time...didn't know about that.

I'd certainly recommend this hotel. :D