Hampton Inn on Brickell......(Miami)

Lois R

Where is River Oyster moving??

Was at the Viceroy/Icon a couple of days ago.

I still cannot get over their incredible pool deck. It makes me speechless.

I think if we do end up relocating to Miami, I'll hold out for something in the Icon.

River Oyster is moving across the River and on the other side of 95 to 340 West Flagler. It will be brand new.

The pool deck is truly amazing at the Icon! I know the President of the Board very well and quite a few people who live there. Email me again if you do decide to!

la Gazetta just actually shut down within the last couple of days. Very quick and without warning!

Hi Carolyn...oh wow:eek:........the restaurant business can be so

funky:eek:.......

We're just back from our wonderful week on Celebrity Reflection.

Our stay at the Hampton Inn Brickell was super good. The hotel was clean, staff very friendly and a great place to unwind and get ready for the cruise.

We ended up eating at Perricone's twice. The first night was cheap Pasta night with most pasta dinners in the $10 range. The second night after having walked a lot during the day, we were tired and decided to go back for a different pasta meal.

Thanks to all who helped with dining options around the Hampton Inn Hotel.

Pat

We're just back from our wonderful week on Celebrity Reflection.

Our stay at the Hampton Inn Brickell was super good. The hotel was clean, staff very friendly and a great place to unwind and get ready for the cruise.

We ended up eating at Perricone's twice. The first night was cheap Pasta night with most pasta dinners in the $10 range. The second night after having walked a lot during the day, we were tired and decided to go back for a different pasta meal.

Thanks to all who helped with dining options around the Hampton Inn Hotel.

Pat

Hi Pat:)...then I am glad I started this thread. It is nice when we

can help each other on here. Sometimes threads can be so mean

spirited:eek:......happy this one is helpful:D

Ohhhh......also glad you had fun on Reflection too!

Edited by Lois R

How far is publix and do they sell liquor?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,:) Publix is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. I don't know

if this particular one sells liquor or not.......most Publix stores do

sell it now though.

As Lois mentioned, just a short walk from the hotel. We did see wine in the store but uncertain if anything else. Not the selection of wine that I have seen in other Publix stores but still a selection.

Pat

the Publix that is located over on 13th Street (Coral Way) now has a liquor store. It's in the same strip mall but is a stand alone from the store as is their pharmacy.

It's right around the corner from the hotel.

Make a left out of the hotel door. At the end of the street, (El Corral will be on one corner) make another left. Walk up to the traffic light and you will see that the Publix is right there on the southwest corner.

We are cruising in April and have booked this hotel. We fly into Fll so can anyone tell me the best way to get to the hotel from FLL?

We are staying at this hotel right now awaiting our ship boarding time. We booked a private car, Larry's limo. It was great. They keep track of your flight and it was great to see them waiting for us after our flight was delayed 3 hours. plus, you pay per trip, not mileage or time. Construction on the I95 last night slowed the drive time. it took us about an hour and twenty minutes to reach the hotel. I can' imagine how much the trip would have cost in a taxi, and a bus full of people going to different hotels would have made the trip even longer. Instead, my DW and I sat in the back of an air conditioned Lincoln Town Car and just relaxed. After a long day flying, the car was a wonderful treat.

We are staying at this hotel right now awaiting our ship boarding time. We booked a private car, Larry's limo. It was great. They keep track of your flight and it was great to see them waiting for us after our flight was delayed 3 hours. plus, you pay per trip, not mileage or time. Construction on the I95 last night slowed the drive time. it took us about an hour and twenty minutes to reach the hotel. I can' imagine how much the trip would have cost in a taxi, and a bus full of people going to different hotels would have made the trip even longer. Instead, my DW and I sat in the back of an air conditioned Lincoln Town Car and just relaxed. After a long day flying, the car was a wonderful treat.

Thanks for the feedback - care to share what you paid for the ride from FLL to Miami?

Glad things worked out so well:D....I echo John's question. How much

was the ride to the hotel?

We used Larry's about 2 years ago. I think it was $85 and they picked us up in a Suburban. That included tip. I gave the driver $100 since he had to wait for us awhile due to flight delays. He was super nice and professional.

We used MJS Transportation from Fort Lauderdale to downtown Miami and they charged us $13.00 per person times seven ($91.00). They called and confirmed the day before and they also called us when we landed. I would use them again. We also got lucky and had a very friendly driver too.

I would appreciate it if someone would let me know if there were fridges in the rooms? Thanks so much!

Only some rooms have them.this is the list of cat that have them

4G,4S,8T,SS,4C,6D,6J

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

Only some rooms have them.this is the list of cat that have them

4G,4S,8T,SS,4C,6D,6J

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

I think this is referring to cruise ship cabin categories.

Only the "suite" rooms at the Hampton Inn have refrigerators. It will state it in the description. I believe they have some upon request for a fee. I would call ahead if it's a necessity. If it's just for beverages, we've been known to use the trash can as a large ice bucket!

Larry's Limo was $90 for us, and this included a 20% gratuity. For 2 people we thought that this was very reasonable.

We took a cab from the hotel to the POM. Some one had suggested that it was about $12 - I don't think you can get close to the port for this. Plan on spending $20 - $23, depending on which pier your ship is at.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh?...that taxi finder? I have taken a cab from the Miami Airport to

the Port of Miami.....it is a flat rate of 25.00 (that says 24.00) there

is no way it is 41.20 to get to the hotel......the hotel is within 10

minutes of the port.

I think that link is wrong.

Huh?...that taxi finder? I have taken a cab from the Miami Airport to

the Port of Miami.....it is a flat rate of 25.00 (that says 24.00) there

is no way it is 41.20 to get to the hotel......the hotel is within 10

minutes of the port.

I think that link is wrong.

You are right, I've taken a cab to my place and I live right near the Hampton Inn and it costs around $25.