Post Cruise Half-Way House

medicalma'am

I agree with you 110%! As unpleasant as it is I come home, make myself a can of chef boyardee Raviloi (serve it too myself) and then for dinner have either raisin bran or tuna.

The biggest adjustment for me is the sudden reduction in cusiine variety!

:D My biggest adjustment is the -20c temperature and the 10 feet of snow on the ground when I get off the plane in Buffalo.:eek:

No problems though. It's a 30 minute drive to the border and once back in Canada there is a Tim Horton's a couple of minutes from the bridge. (That's our iconic coffee shop, named after a hockey player of course!) A medium Timmy's coffee. with one milk, and I'm back to Real life.:)

Edited by DirtyDawg

Now that we're retired we spend a little time on land vacationing before we head back home. This year it will be with family who lives in the port area. Usually it's in a hotel for a couple of days just to get over not being on the ship and pampered.

Then unfortunately it's back to the cold and snow but at least it isn't quite the shock that being on the ship in the morning and back home that night to all the work of daily life can be.

I've often wondered how many days in a row I'd have to cruise before I felt I'd had enough.

Now that we're retired we spend a little time on land vacationing before we head back home. This year it will be with family who lives in the port area. Usually it's in a hotel for a couple of days just to get over not being on the ship and pampered.

Then unfortunately it's back to the cold and snow but at least it isn't quite the shock that being on the ship in the morning and back home that night to all the work of daily life can be.

I've often wondered how many days in a row I'd have to cruise before I felt I'd had enough.

You bring up a good point, particularly for those of us that live close to the cruise terminal... We're on the ship in the morning, enjoying the last moments of vacation... And an hour later, we're quite suddenly thrown right back into "real life".

On the other hand, when my husband and I do land vacations in Montserrat, we will stay in Antigua a couple of nights on the way back, to sort of "re-acclimate" to modern civilization :)

You bring up a good point, particularly for those of us that live close to the cruise terminal... We're on the ship in the morning, enjoying the last moments of vacation... And an hour later, we're quite suddenly thrown right back into "real life".

On the other hand, when my husband and I do land vacations in Montserrat, we will stay in Antigua a couple of nights on the way back, to sort of "re-acclimate" to modern civilization :)

That's the way it is with us when we cruise out of Boston. An hour after disembarking the ship, we're home.

When we cruise out of a distant port we fly in one day early. On ocassion we booked a post cruise hotel room, flying home the next day.

I could easily live on a cruise ship. I'd never tire of it.

This is too funny!! I'm cracking up reading this and at the same time dreading returning from my cruise and I don't leave until Dec 13th!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope you have a safe cruise.... I leave on the Gem for a 9 day in Jan and I'm just getting over the POST CRUISE BLUES from a cruise on the Gem in Nov.. I've been Slowly getting BETTER...( I keep on saying "YOU CAN DO IT") Just hope I don't have a RELASPE after the Jan cruise..:):).

Edited by Docalbe

:D My biggest adjustment is the -20c temperature and the 10 feet of snow on the ground when I get off the plane in Buffalo.:eek:

No problems though. It's a 30 minute drive to the border and once back in Canada there is a Tim Horton's a couple of minutes from the bridge. (That's our iconic coffee shop, named after a hockey player of course!) A medium Timmy's coffee. with one milk, and I'm back to Real life.:)

One cup of coffee does it??? Are you sick????