Changes... What do you miss?

I miss most of the things listed, especially the live music. I loved watching the band rise from the orchestra pit and play. I almost forgot about the crumb scrapers, that was cool. I guess they see it as progress but the younger cruisers don't know what they're missing. It's become a gulp down as much as you can eat and get drunk kind of event.

I don't miss much.

Sure, the ice sculptures and midnight buffet were really cool, but it was also a huge waste of time and money. I liked the island music for about 15 minutes, then it got old to me. I really do prefer some upbeat contemporary tunes. I have never - ever - needed more laundry done than is allotted for the current Platinum benefits. I'm not a "big band" kinda guy, tho I do like the Pilipino bands that can still be found on many ships. They are fun to dance to. I don't think I ever entered a slot tournament, so I don't miss that one. I'm fine with the service I receive in the MDR (almost always good).

FCCs, Pre-printed luggage tags, and the farewell party. I do miss those 3. Now I have to book my future cruises ON a cruise (a pain, but I still make it work), print out my own tags (more hassle but I still make it work), and do my free drinking at the VIFP party.

Taking all this into consideration, it would seem that I am Carnival's target demographic. Happy to oblige Carnival, happy to oblige. :D

Bob