Deposit if rebooking

gosaints2006

What happens if I decide to change the date on my sailing? It is a more expensive date and I will be adding another room. Do they transfer my existing deposit or do I loose it? I also already purchased the FTTF program. Is that refundable/transferrable?

It depends on the terms of your current booking? If early saver, there is a penalty. I am assuming you are not within final payment?

What happens if I decide to change the date on my sailing? It is a more expensive date and I will be adding another room. Do they transfer my existing deposit or do I loose it? I also already purchased the FTTF program. Is that refundable/transferrable?

Booked ES, I think you'll find that your deposit (less $50pp penalty) will be held toward CruiseFare for a future cruise and you'll have to pony up the deposit -- you'll want to call your booking agent to confirm this. Ken

As other have stated the rule is the current deposit will be held for future use, however you might want to call your PVP or even just the 1-800#. Sometimes you will find that exceptions are made. You will likely be out the $50 per person fee but they might be able to roll the deposit over and you will only have to add the difference.

I was not an Early Saver,

I rebooked on for a different ship. My deposit went towards the new booking, and FTTF was refunded.

I changed a cruise date this summer and my deposit was moved to the new booking. We paid the $200 fee for changing an ES booking as well as an additional $200 because we moved from a 7 day to 8 day sailing. The original $1000 deposit shows as part of the new booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As other have stated the rule is the current deposit will be held for future use, however you might want to call your PVP or even just the 1-800#. Sometimes you will find that exceptions are made. You will likely be out the $50 per person fee but they might be able to roll the deposit over and you will only have to add the difference.

They won't. I just went through this when I switched ships for next May. You can't use the FCC (Future Cruise Credit) towards the deposit for the new cruise so I had to pay for a new deposit. Thankfully I got the half off sale last week so it was only $250 (I'm going solo as of right now). The FCC was taken off the final total that is due Feb 23.

I was bummed when I found out I had to put a new deposit. It was explained to me that it shows as a "Payment" instead of a "Deposit" amount in the computer, so if he tried to do it that way, the computer won't recognize it as a deposit, and they were having tons of people's bookings automatically cancelled due to insufficient deposits and it was a real nightmare.

This PVP has been there for a long time and even checked with a supervisor again per my request. He really knows what he is doing.

This is for Early Saver. If you have another rate that doesn't have a penalty for cancellation before final payment, then yes, they can apply your deposit to your new booking as the amount isn't a FCC, but just a refund.

They won't. I just went through this when I switched ships for next May. You can't use the FCC (Future Cruise Credit) towards the deposit for the new cruise so I had to pay for a new deposit. Thankfully I got the half off sale last week so it was only $250 (I'm going solo as of right now). The FCC was taken off the final total that is due Feb 23.

I was bummed when I found out I had to put a new deposit. It was explained to me that it shows as a "Payment" instead of a "Deposit" amount in the computer, so if he tried to do it that way, the computer won't recognize it as a deposit, and they were having tons of people's bookings automatically cancelled due to insufficient deposits and it was a real nightmare.

This PVP has been there for a long time and even checked with a supervisor again per my request. He really knows what he is doing.

This is for Early Saver. If you have another rate that doesn't have a penalty for cancellation before final payment, then yes, they can apply your deposit to your new booking as the amount isn't a FCC, but just a refund.

Yes they will. I was trying to be diplomatic with my response and not get OP hopes up. I booked 3 staterooms in early 2012 for a June 2013 sail date. I was booked early saver. Shortly after booking we had a conflict and had to move the cruise into July. I had to pay an additional $400 for deposits (8 people X $50) but my PVP moved the first deposit to the new booking. I had not paid anything other than the deposit on the June booking. So yes it can be done. But as I stated in my first comment it is not in accordance with the rules.

Yes they will. I was trying to be diplomatic with my response and not get OP hopes up. I booked 3 staterooms in early 2012 for a June 2013 sail date. I was booked early saver. Shortly after booking we had a conflict and had to move the cruise into July. I had to pay an additional $400 for deposits (8 people X $50) but my PVP moved the first deposit to the new booking. I had not paid anything other than the deposit on the June booking. So yes it can be done. But as I stated in my first comment it is not in accordance with the rules.

I understand, however, things were different then. They have gotten stricter now. My experience is as recent as last week.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I agree they do seem to be trying to follow there rules more these days. And you are correct my experience was two years ago. I guess the good news is OP at least was able to change and now has a nice part of their cruise paid via the deposit from the first cruise.