Airlines from China

dogted

My personal preference is any non-US airline, especially in the forward cabins as cabin service is much better. However the back of the plane is pretty much the same.

But then you need to consider any elite or frequent flyer status you may have, one/two-stops or non-stop going to your destination, and all that. :cool:

Although it has been a while since I took this route, I used to make it all the time on business. Based on my experience, I recommend Cathay Pacific or Singapore. If you want a U.S. carrier, I also flew many times on Delta. Of course, if possible, business or first class is very nice. Enjoy your trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Although it has been a while since I took this route, I used to make it all the time on business. Based on my experience, I recommend Cathay Pacific or Singapore. If you want a U.S. carrier, I also flew many times on Delta. Of course, if possible, business or first class is very nice. Enjoy your trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I will be flying DL from PVG-LAX connecting thru SEA in March (also roundtrip LAX-SEA-NRT-SIN to get to my cruise Singapore-Shanghai_..and unfortunately it's only E-Comfort but at least the first two seats...hoping these won't be too bad....What's your opinion.

• 1 month later...
My personal preference is any non-US airline, especially in the forward cabins as cabin service is much better. However the back of the plane is pretty much the same.

But then you need to consider any elite or frequent flyer status you may have, one/two-stops or non-stop going to your destination, and all that. :cool:

:D:D:D

Apparently you have never flown Air China!

I would avoid Air China like the plague. It was the worst flight I have ever been on.

I would select Cathay Pacific based on my experience. I will be flying Singapore Air next week and will be happy to report back.

Hello

Does anyone have a preference of airline from Shanghai to the west coast(US)

Or any to avoid ?

China Eastern has just purchased new planes (777-300) and have just started flying nonstop from Shanghai, Beijing, Xian and Wuhan to LAX and SFO. The prices are simply spectacular for the flight-less than $1000 in coach for a RT ticket for all except Shanghai which is less than $900.00. At that price, you can afford to throw away the return if you don't need it. Similar savings on Business/First

I have flown China Eastern quite a few times within China. Their service is great, even in economy. I was always amazed that they serve a full meal even on very short flights (Wuhan to Shenzhen-1.25 hours). The plane was ascending and the minute it leveled out, the meals came out. Then the plane was descending and they were taking away the plates. Won't find that on any US airline.

China Eastern is a full partner in SkyTeam, so you can get Delta miles. They were codeshare partners with AA for years, so they were my airline of choice in China. But that ended in 2012.

Edited by greatam

I will be flying DL from PVG-LAX connecting thru SEA in March (also roundtrip LAX-SEA-NRT-SIN to get to my cruise Singapore-Shanghai_..and unfortunately it's only E-Comfort but at least the first two seats...hoping these won't be too bad....What's your opinion.

DL just made a change to my flight..now no stop on the outbound at SEA..just LAX-NRT-SIN and was still able to keep my EC seats except it's the 3 configuration now (instead of the 2's) so we opted for the aisle & window...keeping our finger's crossed no one books that middle seat.:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

With so many direct flights from Beijing to the US, flying through Europe will increase your travel time and, I suspect, will probably cost more.

While it might make sense in some cases if you are flying to the US east coast, it would substantially increase your travel time if you are going to the west coast.