Aqua Class on Silhouette

laserboi50

I know that aqua class the Blu and an easy location to the spa------What else makes it special?

That depends on what you consider special... We like the better robes, the relaxation room/beds, much better showers then the standard balcony cabin, foot stalls on the balcony, better amenities in the bathroom and larger towels... Also priority boarding while checking in can be a good thing but not always as it also depends on when & where you are arriving!

Enjoy :)

Hi,

Regarding eating in the main dining room that shouldn't be a major problem as long as you can let the restaurant manager in blu know as early as possible... They should be able to sort it out for you!

As for the 2 menus I'm pretty sure your right in thinking about the daily changed menu and a standard menu of favorites as like the main dining room I do seem to remember them offering this in blu!

Whatever the case I'm sure your find something you like to eat... I have heard of people asking for MDR items while in blu with varied successes... As the saying goes "if you don't ask your never know"

Hope you have a great time and post back how you get on... We are in blu in March and really looking forward to it!

Its actually just one menu but the everyday items are listed on it. They will be a steak, salmon dish and a chicken dish.

Yes! Many who dine in Blu dress up on formal nights - although not required. DH wore his suit and I wore my formal skirt and sparkly top. We saw many dressed like us and a few men (not many) in tuxes.

The dress code in Blu every night is "smart casual and above", key words being "and above". You will definitely not feel out of place going to Blu on formal nights with a tux, you will not be alone.

Edited by dkjretired

Thanks Mr. T! It is our first Cruise so are looking forward to it.....

No problem, our first cruise was on the silhouette in an aqua class cabin and loved every minute of it... We are well & truly hooked!! 😎 The only problem is you set yourself a standard and it's very hard to do anything below Aqua in the future! 😱

Once we sailed AQ it is hard to go back. We did find some differences in Blu between M class and S class. (specifically the Summit and the Solstice I believe it was). On M class, they retrofitted the restaurant, so it is designed with much more room in-between tables and a lot of window seating. On S class the tables are cramped for the most part with a few seats by the window. On M class, since the retrofit is where part of the dining room used to be, you are much more likely to be able to get an item off the MDR menu. On S class the restaurant is located in a different area with its own kitchen and we were told no MDR dishes, period. On S class, the spa area is very nice, although catching time on one of the heated loungers is a stroke of luck at best. On M class, there are no heated loungers (they don't make that clear in their advertising unfortunately!) and the spa is much smaller and much less impressive. I would never book AQ for the spa.

On M class, even the newly added AQ rooms still have the same small tv's as the other rooms onboard and while the shower has a glass door it is much smaller than the S class showers. You also do NOT get a footstool on the M class balconies, which is disappointing. Also, the AQ rooms added to Deck 11 have, in my opinion, balconies that are actually smaller than normal (at least for some of the rooms). We found the food to be similar between S or M class - like any food it tends to vary by sailing and by chef. In particular, we enjoy breakfast in Blu - head and shoulders above the buffet and less crowded and rushed than the MDR. We would book AQ for Blu breakfast alone if the price differential was not too much.

Overall, we will definitely consider AQ for all future cruises if the price is not much higher than CC or a regular balcony (considering perks as well - they can vary by class)

Thanks Mr. T! It is our first Cruise so are looking forward to it.....

You will probably get a coupon in your cabin for 50% off a Specialty restaurant the first night of the cruise since you are in AQ class. Don't miss the Lawn Grill! It is to die for. Enjoy the Silhouette, you made a great choice for your first cruise. We loved it.

We were upgraded to Aqua class. We really enjoyed dining at Blu. So much that we didn't consider anything less than Aqua class on our next cruise.

The only real question we had was on formal nights. We like to dress up. It is my only opportunity to wear my tux. But the hostess told us that Blu was not formal. So we went to the main dining room on the formal nights. We really missed Blu.

Do those of you who dress to the nines just go to Blu on formal nights??

Sure do. If I'm dragging a tux, I'm wearing it everywhere on formal nights. No taking the jacket off in restaurants, no sneaking back to my cabin to change clothes after dinner. I'm comfortable in my tux and I'm wearing it. My wife calls me Fred Astaire, but I know deep down she approves. The fact is, dressing up and feeling good about it is, for me, a very good feeling. Short or tall, slender or fat, a man never looks better than when he's in a tux. Sorry for preaching.

Edited by BosoxI