Cruise on crutches :(

barrelracer89

I sailed Glory 11.24.13 on crutches.

It isn't terrible, I mean you're on a cruise! But I was wheel-chaired through the airport and I was wheel-chaired onto the boat. Belize was cancelled, but the tender in Grand Cayman was scary, and I didn't read any horror stories of people falling until after I got home, but people have fallen getting on. If you are doing Eastern there should be no tenders, unless HMC. While I would really suggest getting off in Grand Cayman, consider your risks first.

You'll still have a wonderful time, make sure you report back on how things went!

I know everyone is saying it's better to be on a cruise than at home but if I had been able to cancel when I broke my leg I would have. I could not use the pool or hot tub or get off the ship really. I would have preferred to stay home and cruised when I could really enjoy it all. I was actually quite bored especially since there weren't that many activities planned by the CD that I could do such as trivia. I do not really drink or gamble so spent a lot of time in the cabin watching TV. Could have done that at home for free.

I know everyone is saying it's better to be on a cruise than at home but if I had been able to cancel when I broke my leg I would have. I could not use the pool or hot tub or get off the ship really. I would have preferred to stay home and cruised when I could really enjoy it all. I was actually quite bored especially since there weren't that many activities planned by the CD that I could do such as trivia. I do not really drink or gamble so spent a lot of time in the cabin watching TV. Could have done that at home for free.

Sorry trvlgirlmq - that does sound like a icky time. I do gamble but rarely drink. I rarely get into the pools and don't do the hot tubs. I rarely watch tv on don't turn it on during vacation. In fact I did a 5 week back to back in Oct and I never turned it on.

We all cruise for different reasons. I go cruising to meet people, have a good time, eat some different food and I found out recently how much I love the comedy shows.

Any cruise would have been hard with a broke leg. Hope you have a better cruise next time.

Edited by tbbtravels

How would a broken leg keep you from doing trivia?😁Are your brains in your legs? I've been on a walker or in a wheelchair most of my life and that hasn't stopped me from bringing back ships on a stick!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

How would a broken leg keep you from doing trivia?Are your brains in your legs? I've been on a walker or in a wheelchair most of my life and that hasn't stopped me from bringing back ships on a stick!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,weren't that many activities planned by the CD that I could do such as trivia. ,,,,,,,,,

I read it she can do trivia. Just not many of those type activities planned by the cruise director.

Some of us are more accustomed to mobility issues.

Edited by tbbtravels
tmi

Not used to any mobility issues and the lack of activities that I could do sitting down was limited. I brought 3 books but was finished by day 3 of the cruise. Sitting on the ship while it was in port was almost painful. Really no activities planned.

I supposed if the OP can get a wheelchair then maybe they will be able to enjoy the ports and hopefully there will be more activities planned for their cruise.

Do a one time splurge and rent a scooter to get around the ship and the ports. They deliver it to the ship and there to pick it up when the ship docks. We did it once and it was great. You can look at the price and shutter because it's not something you'd like to spend the money on, but it is so worth it to you and the family.

Do a one time splurge and rent a scooter to get around the ship and the ports. They deliver it to the ship and there to pick it up when the ship docks. We did it once and it was great. You can look at the price and shutter because it's not something you'd like to spend the money on, but it is so worth it to you and the family.

Where did you rent it from??