Live From the Ruby: 11/29/2014 B2B2B

ccrain

Hi CCRAIN;

We are booked on a B2B2B Starting on Jan.3. the first was booked as a 7 day, the next two were booked as a 14 day. The question is are they offering the wine packages on the 7 Day trips, or just to those booked 14 day, or not at all?

Thanks in advance for the info. The answer will determine if we bring 1 or 2 cases of our own!

Fair winds

Dave

How do you like the new duo?

We will join you on Saturday. Then we will be on for 3 weeks. However, we have to

change cabins after the first week.

Greg

They are danceable. As good or better than the last duo. We have had better, and we've had worse, but for us, if the music is good and danceable, we are happy.

Although we do a lot more dancing to Danny and to Atomic...

Greetings ccrain - Thank you for the live from Ruby.

Could you please advise who the Maitre D' is at present? (wondering if it's still Nicola Furlan or a change for Maître D' List update?)

Thank you. Bon Voyage & Bon Apetit. Mario & Rose

Yes, Nicola is still on but not sure for how long...

Hi CCRAIN;

We are booked on a B2B2B Starting on Jan.3. the first was booked as a 7 day, the next two were booked as a 14 day. The question is are they offering the wine packages on the 7 Day trips, or just to those booked 14 day, or not at all?

Thanks in advance for the info. The answer will determine if we bring 1 or 2 cases of our own!

Fair winds

Dave

According to the guy in the uniform, only the 14 day package, which I suspect they will sell on the 7day, just means you have to drink fast and lots....

Now I know what I can do with our day back in Ft Lauderdale between cruises. I will walk to Total Wine and pick up another case and taxi back to ship. Isn't it great to have choices?

This should really be a princess excursion.

I don't think it affects you, but total wine doesn't open until noon

on Sundays

Hi Pablo222;

Thanks for the info; We do turnarounds on Sat. They could do the Total Wine Excursion in 2 sections, a morning and an afternoon! On this trip, I would sign up and pay in advance!

Fair winds

Dave

...for a wine excursion like that.

they were enforcing the liquor policy at St Thomas yesterday. Of course the guy who was directed to the liquor table had 4 bottles of hard liquor in his backpack...

Because of the different answers, I would definitely not plan on the wine package not being available. Unfortunately, its worse than the airlines. When they don't know the answer, they won't tell you, but simply put you off, on the ship they will tell you whatever comes to mind. Even if its wrong...ask 4 different people, get 4 different answers...

Nassau replaces Grand Turk on this route. Too bad. We would have liked to try the recommended alternative to Margaritaville. We arrive at Nassau after noon tomorrow, so the run last night and today are high speed runs. Sea state was up to 11 feet last night with large Atlantic type swells. Overcast, with dark foreboding clouds this morning on the horizon. Looks like scattered showers. A little rough last night, but from swells, not wind. A little bucking and rolling.

Yesterday at St Thomas was centered around shopping, walking and food. Regal Princess was in Havensight as well, so we got a good look at her on the way out. Went to the Pueblo market this time rather than the Havensight grocery store. Went price shopping. Some things are cheaper than home, some things are more. We like to price compare just in case we ever decide to move to a place we’ve visited. St Thomas is beautiful and we’ve seen several house hunters international on St Thomas. Tempting. But primarily water was our focus, so we picked up a couple of 6 packs and headed back to the ship to drop them off. We also looked for that Jerimiah Weed Vodka but couldn’t find any. Liquor prices were actually quite reasonable for being on an island.

We found some great free Wi-Fi off the ship in the Yacht Harbor. 2 hours free and a pretty good signal. Too bad Judy’s Ipad wanted to update gigabytes of games all at the same time. In looking for a wi-fi signal we ran across a signal labeled Ohana. Ohana was the name of the yacht on ‘Below Decks’, a Bravo TV reality show based on a yacht crew’s antics during a yachting charter season. Think cruising is expensive? The tips, just the cash tips for the crew, for a 3 or 4 day charter, ranged from $15k to $22k. That tells me the charter rate was in the 100’s of k$. (It was funny though, the southern ‘trailer trash’ rednecks gave the crew the largest tips of the season – even though the crew made fun of their ‘taste’ in liquor and food and even hinted that they didn’t deserve to be on a high class yacht. So much for judging a book by its cover.)

So after updating the more critical games, we went back to Fresh for lunch. Jessica was on duty, so we sat, talked, drank, ate and watched the world go by for a couple of hours. That Jerimiah Weed tea flavored vodka is really, really good. Judy had the pasta of the day, a wild mushroom paparadelli, while I had an open faced duck prosciutto, with a fried egg on top, sandwich and a small wild green side salad. Never had duck prosciutto before and it was pretty good.

Judy wanted to take it easy last night, so we went to see ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ at MUTS. Oh well, a pretty much formula story without even a decent twist. But the weather was warm, the chairs comfortable and it was pretty relaxing. We did hit up the elite lounge for a light snack instead of dinner. Sushi and the Japanese Slipper. Good stuff.

So, what’s up on this last sea day for this leg of the cruise. It’s formal night tonight. So the CC party, balloon drop, pop choir, marriage match game, ‘new years’ party – standard stuff. Today is the Art Auction, the big bingo game, culinary demo, and a pub lunch, with pool games thrown in as well. MUTS is “The Giver”, followed by Thursday night football. The production show is broadway ballroom. We might go see that one again. It’s pretty good. The dancing is excellent.

So that’s it for now…off to Zumba!

Hi CCRAIN;

Agree, tractor-trailer would be preferred transportation! Also understand and agree about correct info. from Princess. I would prefer a "I don't know" to a guess, but we will just plan alternatives.

Because we are onboard for 3 weeks, we will take a case and pay corkage, and see what is policy once underway. The worst to happen is we buy some wine at dinner at menu prices. I find the Princess mark up on mid priced wine to be very competitive to land based decent restaurants.

A passing thought, we are truly blessed if these are the biggest problems we face for 3 weeks!

Fair winds

Dave

According to the guy in the uniform, only the 14 day package, which I suspect they will sell on the 7day, just means you have to drink fast and lots....

Hi CCRAIN;

Fair winds

Dave

One thing about Princess that drives me absolutely crazy is their lack of consistency especially when it comes to the wine package. I've been on 7, 14, and 29 day cruises where either the waiter says they're not offering it but if you talk to someone higher up they're offering it. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

I would go to total wine, 5 mins from my house, or Trader joe's - 2mins from my house and buy it but I can't carry it on board - it's just too much.

We are doing B2B Xmas & NY's so I'm just praying that I can get someone to say yes to a wine package.:confused:

The Pleasure Craft Ohana depicted in the Reality show "Below Decks" has been renamed Rhino, it spent the summer being refitted and chartering in New England and is currently chartering in the BVI's for $140,000.00 US. per week.:eek: