Anyone hear from the Royal this week?

wallypbear

they may have tried to get on. Very very slow and a small internet room. We were on it and going on again and will not take the package again. We will bring a small tablet and go onshore to use the internet next time.

Have friends currently aboard this week and have not heard from them. Any internet concerns? We will be joining them on the next cruise. Thanks wallyp.

I'm on the Royal right now and the internet has been typically slow but still OK for Princess. Not any faster or slower than usual.

We had one day of showers in St Lucia but nothing else except smooth calm seas. We stopping in St Thomas today & I'm still not sure which dock. We were at Crown Bay last week & were expecting Havensight as they crew told me they alternate each cruise. We're not close enough to see which dock were headed for yet but I'm hoping for Crown Bay again.

I'm on the Royal right now and the internet has been typically slow but still OK for Princess. Not any faster or slower than usual.

We had one day of showers in St Lucia but nothing else except smooth calm seas. We stopping in St Thomas today & I'm still not sure which dock. We were at Crown Bay last week & were expecting Havensight as they crew told me they alternate each cruise. We're not close enough to see which dock were headed for yet but I'm hoping for Crown Bay again.

Lovetocruiseprincess

We're sailing on her next week! :D

I'm curious what happened with the Most Traveled Passengers luncheon and whether or not the new chocolate desserts (and the craft beer) have been added?

Thanks!

Lovetocruiseprincess

We're sailing on her next week! :D

I'm curious what happened with the Most Traveled Passengers luncheon and whether or not the new chocolate desserts (and the craft beer) have been added?

Thanks!

I didn't make it to the luncheon last cruise. Cutoff was 547 & haven't gone to this cruises yet. The cutoff is 509.

No new chocolate desserts to be seen yet although they do have some different one not common on other Princess ships. The dessert chef is outstanding & runs a tight galley. The food in general had been good with few complaints.

Don't drink beer so I don't know about the brands.

Alcohol check on the islands is typically loose & you can bring back most anything without checking it in.

Christmas decorations were put up in the Piazza today. They seem much less exciting than other ships. Maybe their not finished yet?? Possibly more to be added when the ship arrives back at Ft Lauderdale?

Woo hoo - we're on the Royal in a few days as well! Can hardly wait. It is really cold up here right now!!!

Mary

Some parts of the ship are cold so you'll need a sweater at times.

We missed Princess Cays on the last cruise (water was to chopppy to tender) but maybe it'll be calm enough for our stop tomorrow.

Hi there. Just wanted to thank you for all the info on the Royal. Much appreciated!:)

Wallyp

It's been a little choppy since we left St Thomas on our way to Princess Cays. I'm not sure if we'll be able to stop or not. We also missed last cruise- water was to rough to tender. Cloudy yesterday but warm.

Still no additional Christmas decorations- only what they've put up in the Piazza. Sufficient but not what the other ships have done past years.

Also- for the first time that I've seen (haven't been to the DR for most meals), they introduced one of the new desserts. A pistachio thing which wasen't to bad. I'd order it again next formal night.

Edited by Lovetocruiseprincess

Hi, Welcome back. Hopefully boarding today will begin before noon.

wallyp

Disembarkation is going according to schedule right now at 9 AM. I did here that they were scheduled for a health inspection today so that might slow things down a bit but who knows? They were scheduled for one in St Thomas & it never happened either.

Many of the filipino crew are quite worried about their families at home due to the enormous typhoon headed in that direction.

Edited by Lovetocruiseprincess

Another 5 day trip on the Royal and it appears very quiet compared to the last 20 days. On our deck there appear to be many empty cabins and the rummor of only 2,000 people on board might well be true. Every 4th or 5th balcony cabin doesn't have a name tag ! Guess people don't like 5 day trips, at least on the Royal.

There appears to be more kids onboard than the last cruise.

We're awake and waiting to join you. Yesterday was beautiful! Just give it a little while to warm up.

Are you staying onboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No more cruising for me till Jan. I'm fat enough right now....say hello to the gelato guy, Manny on deck 5 from the guy with the movies.

Congratulate him on his upcoming wedding in January. ;)

That's the first I've heard of it but my wife has a good one. :( It must be running through the ship. I haven't been reading all the threads lately.

We were a party of 6 & 5 came down with it, maybe that is why the ship was very cold. The customs officer told me a lot of people on deck 14 had it, we were on 15.