Review of Mariner of the Seas 8/7-8/14 cruise - eastern carib

Wow, you did a fantastic job! Thank you so much!

On the first formal night, was the Captain's speech and all the free champagne and hor d'eourves in the dining room or somewhere else? If somewhere else, where was it? Could anyone go?

Yes anyone can go. That is refered to as the 'Captain's Welcome onboard party' they are two of them, one for each dinner. *early and late*

And no, in my past 7 cruises they were never in the dinning room. I believe most of the time they were in a lounge or the theatre where the shows are. It'll be in the paper you get everyday that tells of the activites and it'll be on the front page really big in bold, so can't miss it.

Meg

On the first formal night, was the Captain's speech and all the free champagne and hor d'eourves in the dining room or somewhere else? If somewhere else, where was it? Could anyone go?

It was in the promenade. Yes, everyone was invited.

It is in the Royal Promenade - the belly of the ship. Can't miss it :)

I will show mom the link later, she can prob tell you what those trees and bushes are...

we live near ATL..so I know ALL ABOUT getting 'turned around' and 'rush hour'

*shutters as if in a nightmare*

We are on MArnier Oct 2nd... and staying at Raddison... did they give you a free drink? Cuz another hotel the comfort did last time...just curious...

Oh... did you talk to ANYONE who did the 'Hidden Forest Adventute' in St. Marten.. it seems no one has ever been on this one...and I want to do it/ find out if anyone liked it.

P.S. Mom said the bushes are Crate Murdles (sp?) and the other looks like good ol Ga Kudzo.

MEg

No free drink at the Radisson. Oh, and no, I didn't know anyone on the ship that did the Hidden Forest Adventure in St. Marten.

Thanks!

Okay... one more question. We are in room 9300 and I am wondering if we will be on the side of the ship that is docked so you see land when in port? I suppose this can change depending on how the ship is docked in a port, but just wondering if any of you more "experienced" cruisers might know this. It's soo cool to look out your balcony and see a new place when you wake up. :-)

Thanks

Okay... one more question. We are in room 9300 and I am wondering if we will be on the side of the ship that is docked so you see land when in port? I suppose this can change depending on how the ship is docked in a port, but just wondering if any of you more "experienced" cruisers might know this. It's soo cool to look out your balcony and see a new place when you wake up. :-)

Thanks

We were in room 7284 on deck 7 and I looked at the ships map and you are on the same side as us, just higher up. So you will see land like we did! Aren't you glad you asked? :) Enjoy!

Thanks for the great review & pictures! We are taking the same cruise in January! What is the name of the tour that you did in St Thomas? Your pictures are awesome! I want to do the same tour!

These are the excurions we did:

Nassau: Historic Harbor Cruise & Discover Atlantis

St. Thomas: Ultimate Island Experience

St. Martin (this one I realllllly recommend altho all were great): St. Maarten Sensation & Beach Escape with Lunch

Carrie,

Your review was excellent, so detailed! It took so long to read, I can't even imagine how long it took for you to put it together. :eek: Thank you soooo much for taking the time to share it with us. It is really appreciated.

Archived