Enchantment THIS weekend! Yes, I'm excited!!

mpoole3

Hi CC Friends!

Well I'm headed back to the Enchantment this weekend! This will be my 4th time on her this year and yes I'll still do a post review. But my question to you is what can I include to make it different? What do you want to know about the ship?

I'll be going solo, booked today for $381 + $100 OBC, Z guarantee, already have my cabin on Deck 3 Middle Large Ocean View Cabin!

4 days and I'm back out there!

I've loved all your past reviews and am looking forward to this one. My wife and I are hoping to book a last minute trip on her next month if our work schedules allow. It would be the first cruise for both of us. We would love some pictures of bar menus if possible. And which menus (Mojo, Saffron, etc.) are served in the MDR each night.

Whatever you do, we're both looking forward to your awesome photos.

No requests for the review, but a couple of questions about your booking, as I'm interested in finding a last-minute solo in January.

Looking at Royal's site, I don't see a lot of guarantee choices for the itineraries I am looking for. Are guarantee bookings something you need to call about if you don't see the option?

Also, is there a way to search for minimal single supplement itineraries.

Hi CC Friends!

Well I'm headed back to the Enchantment this weekend! This will be my 4th time on her this year and yes I'll still do a post review. But my question to you is what can I include to make it different? What do you want to know about the ship?

I'll be going solo, booked today for $381 + $100 OBC, Z guarantee, already have my cabin on Deck 3 Middle Large Ocean View Cabin!

I just signed up today also! Its nice to see a fellow Diamond member that is not 60 plus! Not saying there not fun, lol!

So exciting! Can't wait to see photos since we go in less than two weeks!

Let these reviews I wrote this year hold you over!

Jan: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1980397

June: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059380

Oct: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2112626

I must say each one gets better, so maybe start bottom up!

I just signed up today also! Its nice to see a fellow Diamond member that is not 60 plus! Not saying there not fun, lol!

Just imagine the looks I get when I walk into the DL! I'm 29, but almost everyone thinks I look 25ish.

See you in the Diamond Lounge! :D

No requests for the review, but a couple of questions about your booking, as I'm interested in finding a last-minute solo in January.

Looking at Royal's site, I don't see a lot of guarantee choices for the itineraries I am looking for. Are guarantee bookings something you need to call about if you don't see the option?

Also, is there a way to search for minimal single supplement itineraries.

I'm also planning on going again in January, if I can find a deal.

When I'm looking at rates I always check 1 passenger & then 2 passengers prices. More often then note, I'll find the 2 passenger pricing is better than solo guest.

For example: Yesterday when looking at Enchantment prices, when I selected 1 guest it was $411 for Inside "N" And that was the cheapest room. Then when i went to two passengers I saw inside guarantees for $381 (just subtract the taxes and fees for guest two from what the rate was really showing) I called my guy at Royal and just told him I wanted the Z booking at $381 +$100 OBC, no problem.

Not a huge difference but why pay $30 more when you are already paying 200%

It all worked out for the best because I'm landed a large ocean view!

I'm also planning on going again in January, if I can find a deal.

When I'm looking at rates I always check 1 passenger & then 2 passengers prices. More often then note, I'll find the 2 passenger pricing is better than solo guest.

For example: Yesterday when looking at Enchantment prices, when I selected 1 guest it was $411 for Inside "N" And that was the cheapest room. Then when i went to two passengers I saw inside guarantees for $381 (just subtract the taxes and fees for guest two from what the rate was really showing) I called my guy at Royal and just told him I wanted the Z booking at $381 +$100 OBC, no problem.

Not a huge difference but why pay $30 more when you are already paying 200%

It all worked out for the best because I'm landed a large ocean view!

So they gave you the price for 2 people, even though your booking solo?

I have had arugements about how its more for a single person to travel on RCI, and people have said no it can't be MORE than the cost for 2!

Obviously you would have to call to get this deal, as online it will only allow you to book SOLO without another customers info.

So they gave you the price for 2 people, even though your booking solo?

I have had arugements about how its more for a single person to travel on RCI, and people have said no it can't be MORE than the cost for 2!

Obviously you would have to call to get this deal, as online it will only allow you to book SOLO without another customers info.

I always see solo rates costing MORE than cost of 2. I don't think it's royal trying to charge MORE for solo guest, they just don't have their website set-up to show some deals for Solo guest.

If you are having a hard time, feel free to email me and I'll give you a contact number of someone that can help you once you find a deal you want.

Hi CC Friends!

Ahhh, you couldn't resist the "other girlfriend" I referred to in your last review!! We'll be on her for New Years and would like to see the holiday décor. Please take a few pics of those for us.

Have a great cruise!!

Bill

I always see solo rates costing MORE than cost of 2. I don't think it's royal trying to charge MORE for solo guest, they just don't have their website set-up to show some deals for Solo guest.

If you are having a hard time, feel free to email me and I'll give you a contact number of someone that can help you once you find a deal you want.

Thanks...I am looking at booking something in Feb. Maybe I can grab some tips from you on the Brilliance cruise in Jan over a drink at the sky bar!!...

Ahhh, you couldn't resist the "other girlfriend" I referred to in your last review!! We'll be on her for New Years and would like to see the holiday décor. Please take a few pics of those for us.

Have a great cruise!!

Bill

It was killing me that I didn't have anything booked on her!

Saw a deal and didn't look back!

I will take plenty of pictures of Christmas decor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well as we don't sail on her until May 2015 I'll just subscribe for the ride.

However, if you did manage to find out the truth in the rumour on whether the wine & dine package is being discontinued, it would be appreciated.

But other than a report on cabin 7550, there's not much else, I'll just be following your review with interest as usual.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by peteukmcr

Let these reviews I wrote this year hold you over!

Jan: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1980397

June: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059380

Oct: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2112626

I must say each one gets better, so maybe start bottom up!

Awesome thanks!

I was on the enchantment last weekend. We missed Cococay due to rough seas. I am not the one of writing reviews but any question that you may have dont hesitate to ask.

I also has the cruise compasses. I will try to scan them and post tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was on the enchantment last weekend. We missed Cococay due to rough seas. I am not the one of writing reviews but any question that you may have dont hesitate to ask.

I also has the cruise compasses. I will try to scan them and post tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you recall the order of the menus on the three night cruise

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Do you recall the order of the menus on the three night cruise

Just on EN this past weekend. While I don't remember the exact names for each menu, I can provide you with examples from each menu. Maybe that will help you match it to the exact menu.

Day 1 - Mojo pork chop, seafood spaghetti

Day 2 - (Formal night) Beef tenderloin

Day 3 - lamb shank, fried seafood & mash

Hope that helps!

Just on EN this past weekend. While I don't remember the exact names for each menu, I can provide you with examples from each menu. Maybe that will help you match it to the exact menu.

Day 1 - Mojo pork chop, seafood spaghetti

Day 2 - (Formal night) Beef tenderloin

Day 3 - lamb shank, fried seafood & mash

Hope that helps!

Thanks, will see if I can reverse engineer it

Michael, just wondering what deck or area (forward, mid, aft) would you recommend on Enchantment for an outside cabin. I'm looking at options on deck 2, 3 or 4. Deck 4 forward looks good as only theater above and can walk to Centrum. Appreciate any insights.

By the way, have a great cruise! Enjoyed reading your previous three reviews.