Anyone Else Get The Email About The Auction

rkmw

Better still, you can view completed auctions if you look up advanced search.

From what I can make out, most of the Moreton island cruises seem to have sold from mid 500s upwards, with one auction ending at just over $700.

Anything in the 500s-600s is a good price for someone, but once it hits the 700s, it isn't greatly under what the oceanview rooms were listed as a couple of days ago. If people aren't careful, there might come a stage where some bids go over the previous asking price.

Still, most of them are excellent deals for people who are able to take off at short notice.

As was stated in a earlier post, use the Advanced Search option.

As it is an OZ agent, AUD$ would be the currency, I assume.;)

I have used the "Advanced search" function - and that is all I get -- an "Advanced" search - which reports back the availability of future cruises under auction. How does one "search" for the results of past auctions - if you DON'T know , please don't reply!!!

Barry

As was stated in a earlier post, use the Advanced Search option.

As it is an OZ agent, AUD$ would be the currency, I assume.;)

BTW - a previous post has also said that the currency is USD -- but I can find no written confirmation of that!!!

Barry

BTW - a previous post has also said that the currency is USD -- but I can find no written confirmation of that!!!

Barry

depends on the cruise, they have been auctioning Rhapsody which the currency will be USD and the p&o cruise will be AUD

I have used the "Advanced search" function - and that is all I get -- an "Advanced" search - which reports back the availability of future cruises under auction. How does one "search" for the results of past auctions - if you DON'T know , please don't reply!!!

Barry

G'day bazzaw,

I will describe the steps I take to see what was paid for previous auctions.

Select Advanced Search

Select a Category - Departing Sydney

Then P&O or Royal Caribbean

Next Oceanview

Listing Types. Select Auction

Include Completed Listings: Select

Listings: All

It then lists all the completed and Still current auctions.

Auction completed is in green and the price paid

If it has Bid Now, in Blue, it is still up for auction.

Hope my instructions are clear.:)

depends on the cruise, they have been auctioning Rhapsody which the currency will be USD and the p&o cruise will be AUD

Maybe -- but maybe not!!! Would be nice to see written confirmation of that - personally , I am not so sure.

Barry

G'day bazzaw,

I will describe the steps I take to see what was paid for previous auctions.

Select Advanced Search

Select a Category - Departing Sydney

Then P&O or Royal Caribbean

Next Oceanview

Listing Types. Select Auction

Include Completed Listings: Select

Listings: All

It then lists all the completed and Still current auctions.

Auction completed is in green and the price paid

If it has Bid Now, in Blue, it is still up for auction.

Hope my instructions are clear.:)

yes - that is perfect - thank you very much for that

Barry

yes - that is perfect - thank you very much for that

Barry

Thanks Barry for your feedback. :)

I notice that they claim to in the future offer more cruise lines including Princess. They already have Melbourne, Fremantle and International in their drop down selections, but no listings yet. More to come.:confused:

Barry

I went to the Horses mouth and they replied,

"As an Australian Based company all pricing and bids made on auction site are in AUD dollars.":)

I went to the Horses mouth and they replied,

"As an Australian Based company all pricing and bids made on auction site are in AUD dollars.":)

naturally it would be in AUD (thought you would have known that) but if you cruise on a US ship the currency will be in USD

I don't think it would be a bad idea for the auction site to put the price as AUD, or make it clearer in the terms and conditions.

its a TA from OZ so they would have the prices in AUD so i cant see any problem, if its an overseas TA it would be in USD

Anybody else watching the auctions?? They seem to fizzle out with the cruise on 29 December - I wonder if they will be "topped up" at some stage?

Right now, with the very limited number of cruises available, it is not of much value to us - but could be useful for the future sometime when we are "fed- up and bored :) " so this would be good to book a very short notice cruise somewhere/anywhere! :) . Up until now, we haven't really had any kind of organised access to short notice cruises ( short notice being something leaving next week!! :) )

Barry

Anybody else watching the auctions?? They seem to fizzle out with the cruise on 29 December - I wonder if they will be "topped up" at some stage?

Right now, with the very limited number of cruises available, it is not of much value to us - but could be useful for the future sometime when we are "fed- up and bored :) " so this would be good to book a very short notice cruise somewhere/anywhere! :) . Up until now, we haven't really had any kind of organised access to short notice cruises ( short notice being something leaving next week!! :) )

Barry

It would be nice to just drop everything and go, I am looking forward to those days.:D

I've been watching them. It appears to just be just a different way of selling off cabins for cruises departing very shortly.

Maybe if cruises lines didn't book sky high prices on their cabins when they first release them they wouldn't be having such a huge fire sale.

I just looking at the Celebrity Solstice pricing for the 2016-2017 - very high prices.

I've been watching them. It appears to just be just a different way of selling off cabins for cruises departing very shortly.

Maybe if cruises lines didn't book sky high prices on their cabins when they first release them they wouldn't be having such a huge fire sale.

I just looking at the Celebrity Solstice pricing for the 2016-2017 - very high prices.

They are a lot higher due to all the perks you can get at the moment, (all 3 perks if concierge or above).:D

They are a lot higher due to all the perks you can get at the moment, (all 3 perks if concierge or above).:D

I don't think the perks are worth it for the higher pricing. Your not getting a better deal your paying more for the cabin because the perks have been thrown in. I think many will be sucked in by the lure of free perks.

I don't think the perks are worth it for the higher pricing. Your not getting a better deal your paying more for the cabin because the perks have been thrown in. I think many will be sucked in by the lure of free perks.

Yes, you will be right. As I always say, do the research and compare the total package cost, if it works, then go for it, otherwise walk away.:D