Booked a guarantee so..

Water Princess

As a newcomer to HAL I have a simple ?...when do they notify you of cabin assignment if you book a guarantee? On Princess you can find out your cabin assignment on their web site with your booking number. Will we have to be patient and wait for documents?

Thanks in advance...

AFL

After I had filled out the online immigration form I checked it about once a week (just go to print form but don't print it, can see it online) our cabin number was assigned about a month before our cruise. We had been upgraded one cabin level, that was a nice surprise.

On their website click Booked Guests, Immigration Form.

Sonja

Figure by a week out you will know. Sometimes it's even closer to sailing than that, and frequently it's further out than that. It's usually in the 10-14 days out range.

The one month-out mark was very early.

The advice to check the Immigration page, or the Book Shore Excursions page, is good. Or just sit back and relax until it's almost time to leave home.

• 2 months later...

Did you have to lug all your luggage up to the check-in counter then? Or did you give it to the ship porters with out a tag? I would think you would be the last one to have it arrive in the cabin if there isn't a #.

I'm waiting for an assignment for our 12/3 & 12/11 cruise. Sure hope we get assignments soon.

rocks

We're waiting for our cabin assignment for our Maasdam Dec. 17 cruise. I just booked it this month. I've been pretty patient--just looked today again for the first time since a week ago. We still have "000" showing up.

Our cabin category is showing up on a major travel website as guarantee cabins available but no specific ones. The few categories above us do have specific cabins available. We'll be happy just to be on the ship. Cabin location isn't as important on this cruise since the ship is smaller. But we wouldn't mind getting one of the four deluxe veranda suites that are showing up as available.

Did you have to lug all your luggage up to the check-in counter then? Or did you give it to the ship porters with out a tag?

If you don't have a cabin assignment when you leave for the pier you complete the baggage tags for everything except cabin number, then attach them to the bags and turn the bags over. The stevedores have manifests and can add the cabin number; as a matter of fact, I would stand there and ask they do so---and add it to the tags---in front of me.

Even though I didn't find out my cabin number till I was boarding the ship, my bags were in the room waiting for me. so, yeah, just fill out the luggage tags and leave the room number blank and they will find the way to your room.

I agree with RuthC. We had guarantee cabins on the Carnival Spirit out of San Diego and when we gave our bags to the stevedores they had a list and looked us up, we put the number on the tags and gave them our bags. They were very helpful and we had no trouble at all.

We booked guarantee on our last cruise 9-05 to 11-05 and recieved a nice 6 cat upgrade. we were notified by our HAL cruise consultant about 2 weeks in advance. When we don't get our number in advance we just have the porters add to the ID tag in front of us and have never had a problem.

Enjoy your cruise

Archived