Cruise canceled on Dream

poohb17

I just received a email today from Carnival that they are canceling our cruise for October 11, 2015 on the Dream.

I am so bummed out by this. I have been looking forward for this trip. Has anyone every had any thing like this happened before? What did Carnival do for you?

I'm sorry that happened to you -- we're booked on the next two cruises after that one. Did they give you any indication of why?

It was likely chartered -- I don't think they usually offer much when that happens --- Please keep us posted

I'm sorry that happened to you -- we're booked on the next two cruises after that one. Did they give you any indication of why?

It was likely chartered -- I don't think they usually offer much when that happens --- Please keep us posted

It was cancelled to accommodate longer itineraries. Some other ships are facing the same situation.

Our Dream cruise on the 18th is also gone from Carnival's site -- our cruise on the 25 is still there- ut-oh :eek:

Oh no sorry your cruise is one that is effected to. Yeah the note that was posted was from my husband.

I think I read on FB that they were cancelling three sailings and changing them to longer itineraries.

déjà vu for this ship.

Those booked on the first-ever Port Canaveral sailing of Carnival Dream got their cruise cancelled so it could be expanded to a longer (9-day) sailing.

It happens.

We like longer cruises and they mention the west coast, which we are very interested in -- I wonder what they're up to. :confused:

They can't add much to the west coast by canceling three cruises from New Orleans :confused:

We almost pulled the trigger on airfare last week -- glad we didn't :)

We like longer cruises and they mention the west coast, which we are very interested in -- I wonder what they're up to. :confused:

They can't add much to the west coast by canceling three cruises from New Orleans :confused:

We almost pulled the trigger on airfare last week -- glad we didn't :)

Especially without the expansion in the Panama Canal being completed...

This is very interesting -- The way the letter is written it sure sounds like we'll be hearing of some more cancellations.

Canceling 3 - 7 day cruises could become one 10 and one 11 day.. I don't know where a 14 day would come from without other ships involved.

This will be very interesting indeed :)

I went to Carnival's website and searched for cruises on any ship in October 10+ days.

There are only two listed - the Miracle (Hawaii) and the Triumph (repo to SJ)

On the left where it lists the ships the Dream and Glory are not grayed out. Will we hear from folks on the Glory soon?

You can select the Dream and Glory -- but no cruises listed yet All other ships are not select-able

:confused:

Miracle - 13 day Mexican Riviera 01/31/2016

Date Day Port

01/31/2016 SUN LOS ANGELES (LONG BEACH), CA

02/01/2016 MON FUN DAY AT SEA

02/02/2016 TUE CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO

02/03/2016 WED CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO

02/04/2016 THU LA PAZ, MEXICO

02/05/2016 FRI MAZATLAN, MEXICO

02/06/2016 SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

02/07/2016 SUN ZIHUATANEJO/IXTAPA, MEXICO

02/08/2016 MON MANZANILLO, MEXICO

02/09/2016 TUE PUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO

02/10/2016 WED PUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO 4:0 PM

02/11/2016 THU FUN DAY AT SEA

02/12/2016 FRI FUN DAY AT SEA

02/13/2016 SAT LOS ANGELES (LONG BEACH), CA

What makes me mad is that I originally had the cruise on the 5th booked and decided to move the date up a few months. They charged me $150 ($50pp) to make the change and then a few days later they cancel the original cruise. Any chance I would have an argument to get that $150 as OBC for the cruise I rebooked? (Wishful thinking)

That looks very interesting -- we usually can't cruise that time of year because of DW's job --- I found it on a TA website -- I couldn't find it on Carnival's website

I was focusing on October where the affected cruises are --- so far

Edited by CRUZBUDS

Date DayPort

01/31/2016SUNLOS ANGELES (LONG BEACH), CA

02/01/2016MONFUN DAY AT SEA

02/02/2016TUECABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO

02/03/2016WEDCABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO

02/04/2016THULA PAZ, MEXICO

02/05/2016FRIMAZATLAN, MEXICO

02/06/2016SATFUN DAY AT SEA

02/07/2016SUNZIHUATANEJO/IXTAPA, MEXICO

02/08/2016MONMANZANILLO, MEXICO

02/09/2016TUEPUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO

02/10/2016WEDPUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO 4:0 PM

02/11/2016THUFUN DAY AT SEA

02/12/2016FRIFUN DAY AT SEA

02/13/2016SATLOS ANGELES (LONG BEACH), CA

Not open for bookings yet, bummer

So we were booked on 1/17/16 and it got cancelled as well! I am pretty sad about this since we had booked last year and did it so far ahead so that we could get a specific cabin... now no matter what we do, we won't be able to get the same cabin. I am assuming that we at least should still retain our onboard credits and be able to transfer our deposit without having to shell out more money, but I think I probably should forget about getting any kind of compensation for the inconvenience of the situation! I just keep trying to remember how lucky I am that I get to cruise at all, but ... really?

So we were booked on 1/17/16 and it got cancelled as well! I am pretty sad about this since we had booked last year and did it so far ahead so that we could get a specific cabin... now no matter what we do, we won't be able to get the same cabin. I am assuming that we at least should still retain our onboard credits and be able to transfer our deposit without having to shell out more money, but I think I probably should forget about getting any kind of compensation for the inconvenience of the situation! I just keep trying to remember how lucky I am that I get to cruise at all, but ... really?

This is the problem. With an attitude like this, you're basically telling the cruise line you approve of any change they can dream of because <insert first world problem related statement here, even though completely irrelevant>. You're absolutely entitled to goodwill for the trip interruption and cancellation.

Sorry to the January folks

We are booked for b2b, also in a specific cabin. We're traveling with another couple and we like the larger balconies of the L shape cabins.

We had the same cabin for both legs, now the first leg is canceled. We need to see what is offered on those dates to figure our next move.

Maybe we'll replace the b2b with one longer cruise. It would be nice if they gave first shot in booking to those displaced.

It would be nice if they gave first shot in booking to those displaced.

I agree... this would make me feel better, but as it happens, we are probably going to have to change ships to get a cruise within the same time frame... we can't take enough time off to take a longer trip... we too wanted to book a corner L-shaped balcony... not going to be easy to find!

thanks for your supportive comments though...